Oregon @ Washington (SAT 7 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Re: Oregon @ Washington (SAT 7 PM ESPN)

Post by bigsugarduck »

Merganzer wrote:Amazing. This Oregon team looks nothing like the Oregon team a month ago. In every facet.
Louis king with the big 3.....Oregon is going to win...OKAY!
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

A chance to go undefeated at home on Senior Night? Hi Poodles!
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

bigsugarduck wrote:
Merganzer wrote:Amazing. This Oregon team looks nothing like the Oregon team a month ago. In every facet.
Louis king with the big 3.....Oregon is going to win...OKAY!
OKAY...RIGHT....ABSOLUTELY
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Beating UW on the road is the best win possible in Pac 12 play. I don't think the ducks have a NCAA tournament resume this year, but if they won the Pac 12 tournament, this win, along with the recent sweep of the Arizona schools would definitely help with seeding. A signature victory.

The bad news is they didn't get the 4th seed in the Pac. The good news is that 20 wins just got a lot easier.

Altman always seems to get his guys going by the end of the year. What a coach.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Phalanx wrote:Beating UW on the road is the best win possible in Pac 12 play. I don't think the ducks have a NCAA tournament resume this year, but if they won the Pac 12 tournament, this win, along with the recent sweep of the Arizona schools would definitely help with seeding. A signature victory.

The bad news is they didn't get the 4th seed in the Pac. The good news is that 20 wins just got a lot easier.

Oregon gets WSU, then UTAH. Like them to win both....Altman absolutely owns UTAH. Then ASU perhaps? I don't think Washington is going to make it to the title game either....It's up for grabs...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

bigsugarduck wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Beating UW on the road is the best win possible in Pac 12 play. I don't think the ducks have a NCAA tournament resume this year, but if they won the Pac 12 tournament, this win, along with the recent sweep of the Arizona schools would definitely help with seeding. A signature victory.

Oregon gets WSU, then UTAH. Like them to win both....Altman absolutely owns UTAH. Then ASU perhaps? I don't think Washington is going to make it to the title game either....It's up for grabs...
Thanks for doing the research, I wondered how the bracket looked, that's a great start. Oregon & Cal are the hottest teams going in. It will be crazy.
Jesseisabeast
One Star Recruit

Post by Jesseisabeast »

This year Dana has received a decent amount of criticism or at least felt the fans frustrations but look where theDucke are considering they had King out until January, no Bol Bol, and had stretches where Wooten was injured. The Ducks finished 10-8 in conference. For some perspective, the Beavs finished 10-8, the first time they’ve had a winning record since 1990. Amazing how different the expectations are for these programs these days....

Great job Ducks!
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

bigsugarduck wrote:
Same seeding as last year, same first two teams as last year. Even the same Pac 12 conference record as last year. Last year, the ducks beat WSU and Utah before losing to USC and getting a 3-seed in the NIT with a 22-12 record, having won five of their last seven, including a sweep of the Arizona schools at home and a road win at Washington. This year, they have one more non-conference loss, and will likely finish the season with 13 losses heading into the NIT. Unless the ducks win the Pac 12 tournament, I expect a 3rd or 4th-seed in the NIT, similar to last year.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

It's too bad that Oregon dropped 3 games this season that they easily could have won in the final minutes. That would have made a conference tournament run somewhat easier and gave them a better chance at the NCAA Tournament.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

I don't care that the Huskies are the most fraudulent "conference champs" that I have ever seen, or that they would be a below .500 team in any conference with a pulse. Beating the Huskies is always sweet.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Defense, wow.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

We play the most boring games outside of Virginia, but at least we are winning them now.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

lukeyrid13 wrote:We play the most boring games outside of Virginia, but at least we are winning them now.
We just don't have great guards, but we are long and tall, so DA is coaching them to their strengths. Winning with D, isn't always the most fun to watch or pretty, but it's effective when the team buys in.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Dana Altman teams and peaking at the end of the year, name a more iconic duo.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:We play the most boring games outside of Virginia, but at least we are winning them now.
We just don't have great guards, but we are long and tall, so DA is coaching them to their strengths. Winning with D, isn't always the most fun to watch or pretty, but it's effective when the team buys in.
Altman’s teams also thrive with a great point forward who plays at the top of the key and directs the team in between the zone defense. Elgin cook, Dillon brooks were so vital in that role. Or superhero ball with joe young. Bol could have played that and more but we are just missing that extra lift from a guy who can take over.