WBB Championship #2 Stanford vs #1 Oregon Sunday 5:00 ESPN2

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

rockthief
Senior

Re: WBB Championship #2 Stanford vs #1 Oregon Sunday 5:00 ES

Post by rockthief »

Be nice to have even nine players for the upcoming games. Seven was just beyond ...
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

I saw a prediction last week that we would likely be #2 seed in Portland with Notre Dame as #1. Not sure that would change. Both Stanford and us would still be #2. We would be a bigger draw with Notre Dame. I don't think either Stanford or we make it to the final 4. Hope I'm wrong and we both do. Like to beat them again.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

The last two games it’s become fairly obvious that we’re struggling to get clean 3 pt. looks while also still watching the pick and roll. We need to counter by taking advantage of the mid-range space left open as teams are extending their perimeter on defense.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

From the civil war game and on, the offense just hasn't been smooth. Pick and roll hasn't been as easy, but the open 3 pt shooters haven't been hitting. Sabally has lost the drive to the backet that she had earlier in the season.
Today was really rough as the team was extremely slow and didn't get back in the game until the third. Still could have won it though. Hoping the seeding committee sees it that way, I'm fine with the #2 seed as long as it's out west.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Did Gildon not play?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Bummer. Would have been good momentum winning this one heading into the tournament.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

duckfan96 wrote:Did Gildon not play?
All three healthy reserves played a total of 18 minutes. Combined they were 0-1 with no points and 2 rebounds. The Stanford bench didn't have much production either (5 points, 3 boards, 3 assists) but they logged 51 minutes in relief of the starters. Still think Oregon is the better team but I believe the UCLA game drained them mentally and physically.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Thanks. The week or so of rest and healing will do wonders for this team. Hopefully, like someone said earlier, that was Oregon’s last loss of the season.