WBB Championship #2 Stanford vs #1 Oregon Sunday 5:00 ESPN2

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Re: WBB Championship #2 Stanford vs #1 Oregon Sunday 5:00 ES

Post by bigsugarduck »

Oregon goes down by 14 to start the 3rd but have responded nicely to cut the lead down to 7....Game might have turned with both Stanford bigs injured...
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Good thing they didn’t forfeit, eh OD4L?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

After withstanding the Cardinal early they're punching back hard now. Down 1 after the 2nd called timeout this quarter to try and stem a Duck run.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Way to protect the shooter to the floor.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks take a one-point lead heading into the final quarter. Oregon really buckled down on defense and then finally started hitting some shots.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Sabrina trying to go into hero mode...for better or for worse.....all tied.

Would like to see distributor Sabrina down the stretch....
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like Stanford will win this one. Oregon seems to have used up a lot of energy in the 3rd to come back and the 4th has been a struggle to keep it close. The Ducks, with their current health situation, just aren't built to play 3 games in 3 days.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Let's hope this is the final loss of the season for them.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Shows that injuries finally did in the team. Rest ladies, rest and heal.

Terrible shooting two games in a row. dang it
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Not sure if they'll get the 1 seed out West. It'd suck if they got sent out of region as a 2 seed after how dominant they've been most of the season.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Stanford gets the victory, and they probably deserve'd it. In a normal game scenario, with at least a day or two of rest, Oregon is probably the better team.

But with the overtime last night, they missed shots they usually make. Hopefully it doesn't knock them out of the West Bracket....
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

greenyellow wrote:Not sure if they'll get the 1 seed out West. It'd suck if they got sent out of region as a 2 seed after how dominant they've been most of the season.
Fingers crossed for the #2 seed out west.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

bigsugarduck wrote:Stanford gets the victory, and they probably deserve'd it. In a normal game scenario, with at least a day or two of rest, Oregon is probably the better team.

But with the overtime last night, they missed shots they usually make. Hopefully it doesn't knock them out of the West Bracket....
Exactly what I was going to say, credit Stanford for coming out and taking charge of the game early. The Ducks missed what looked to be shots they make normally, but credit has to go to Stanford, who not only dominated on the boards, but seemed to get the loose balls also. The Ducks had their chances, once could have gone up by as much as 5, and then as the saying goes, Stanford made their own luck, that 3 with a second left on the shot clock.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Duck24 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Not sure if they'll get the 1 seed out West. It'd suck if they got sent out of region as a 2 seed after how dominant they've been most of the season.
Fingers crossed for the #2 seed out west.
:roll: I guess it's who deserves the 2 in Portland more between Stanford or Oregon.

3/4 Oregon losses have an asterisk (back-to-back-to-back game loss, missing all-Conference player(2)). Total margin in 4 losses=23 points.
1/4 Stanford losses could have gone the other way. (Cal-1 point loss). Total margin in 4 losses=54 points.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Well the goal is to make the final 4 and maybe win it all. They can still do that, but they have to get healthy and find their shooting touch. Maybe this will help Sab decide to return next year. Stanford played with their hair on fire and the ducks played poorly for most of the game. Kind of what I expected after the 40 point drubbing at home Oregon put on them in February. I can hear the cheers in Cornvalley all the way out here in the rockies...Time to rest and regroup...Go Ducks!
Last edited by nogerO on Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine