Semis: #2 ASU vs #6 Oregon (Friday 8:30 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

#2 ASU vs #6 Oregon (Friday 8:30 PM ESPN)

Oregon is 1-1 vs ASU this season
L 64-78 @ ASU
W 79-51 @ Oregon
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Before the tournament started, I said this was the team that scared me the most and that has not changed. We’ll need to bring the 2nd half intensity of the UT game for the whole game. If we do, we win.
gogreen55
Senior

Re: Semis: #2 ASU vs #6 Oregon (Friday 8:30 PM ESPN)

Post by gogreen55 »

Hopefully Hurley helps us out with a technical, if the refs actually call 1 of the 20 or so times he deserves one throughout the game.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

ASU Hs the firepower to hurt our D.

Gonna need our offense to be hitting from outside.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

ESPN BPI gives Oregon a 58.4% of beating ASU http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... =401120758
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Big one right here, I’m thinking the winner of this one wins the championship game.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

asu is so inconsistent it's really hard to say anything definitive. they have the athletes to make an issue of our tired legs, and they can light it up from outside.

they can also play ridiculously undisciplined and go so cold from deep they make our guards look like the Splash Bros.

// shrug
ImageImageImageImageImage
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:ASU Hs the firepower to hurt our D.

Gonna need our offense to be hitting from outside.
While that's a possibility, Utah was actually the top shooting team in the confrence, and we handled them with great D. I see more of the same vs ASU. Our length on D, and the guys buying in had made our D as good as anyone in the country. Our O, still has major issues, but I dee us winning 68-59.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

I love that Hurley went on record by saying ASU is in the Tournament, no uncertainty. That's the perfect psycological message to send if you want to get beat... "No more work to do....we good" :lol:
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

bigsugarduck wrote:I love that Hurley went on record by saying ASU is in the Tournament, no uncertainty. That's the perfect psycological message to send if you want to get beat... "No more work to do....we good" :lol:
Exactly. I figured that Oregon had the Coaching advantage, I didn't know it would show up so early! Oregontrack mentioned earlier how undisciplined(<coaching), ASU is. Imagine how they will react to the swarming D, TO's, and theygo over to the bench for guidance 8-)
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

58% chance per Kenpom in this one, I'd bump that to at least 60 with how we've played lately.

ASU shoots a ton of FT's, but makes a low %, lets hope the %'s on that end play in our favor tonight and that we can also get to the foul line some too against their aggressive defense.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

GrantDuck wrote:58% chance per Kenpom in this one, I'd bump that to at least 60 with how we've played lately.

ASU shoots a ton of FT's, but makes a low %, lets hope the %'s on that end play in our favor tonight and that we can also get to the foul line some too against their aggressive defense.
Refs were allowing a lot of physicality minus a few parts in the 2nd half against Utah. I think it'd benefit us if the refs aren't whistle happy.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
GrantDuck wrote:58% chance per Kenpom in this one, I'd bump that to at least 60 with how we've played lately.

Refs were allowing a lot of physicality minus a few parts in the 2nd half against Utah. I think it'd benefit us if the refs aren't whistle happy.
Granted WSU just kept giving us the ball, but I've noticed the lack of whistles in our first 2 games compared to the rest of the season. Perhaps they know that everyones watching, lol.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

I am one of those silly people who expecgt a game to start at 830 if that is the scheduled start time
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

Two really crappy foul calls on successive plays. Awesome start!