Semis: #2 ASU vs #6 Oregon (Friday 8:30 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrantDuck
Senior

Re: Semis: #2 ASU vs #6 Oregon (Friday 8:30 PM ESPN)

Post by GrantDuck »

Man. Great win!

Hope there's enough in the tank against the zone tomorrow. At least Wooten will be fresh. :lol:

Going to need some minutes from guys like VJ and Norris who have played less too.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

The Ducks won this one, took it away from ASU!
AshlandDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AshlandDuck »

Love seeing the upperclassmen in White, Amin, and Pritchard step up and shine.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

craziest part of that game to me is still Lou King getting injured when we were down like 8, and then going for like 8 straight points on 1 leg
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:We'll have to see if they've anything left in the tank after playing 3 games so far.
the soft poodles are going to be fixated on their own 3 games in 3 nights whereas our guys are going to be too focused on winning.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

GrantDuck wrote:craziest part of that game to me is still Lou King getting injured when we were down like 8, and then going for like 8 straight points on 1 leg
Absolutely, as the saying goes, "The Ducks wanted it more". Who knows with Walton, but he kept saying that Hurley was telling his guys all game that they were healthier, more rested, just take it to the Ducks. Well, that wasn't what happened.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

I wonder who hurley is blaming for their loss? Be righteous if the did not make The Dance.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

rockthief wrote:I wonder who hurley is blaming for their loss? Be righteous if the did not make The Dance.
Before the game, he said he thought ASU was for sure in the tournament, but after some of the results tonight, I'm not so sure.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Are you kidding me? One of the most impressive wins in the last few years. What heart!!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Our D was hurting without Wooten cleaning up down low. Actually really impressed we won with him outfor so much of the game.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Brutally inconsistent ref crew, unless one considers that the norm for the PAC12 is, well, brutally consistent... and not in a good way.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

rockthief wrote:The GUSTY Oregon Ducks beat the Arizona State Hurleys in overtime. Hell yes! hahahahaha!
considering how gassed the guys were at the end... FIFW! ;)
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

rockthief wrote:I wonder who hurley is blaming for their loss? Be righteous if the did not make The Dance.
Hurley: ‘They’ve been playing great defense. This is probably the most successful anyone has been in terms of scoring on them over the last couple of weeks’...of course he is going to defer credit, and say anything to boost his team without giving credit where it is due (he was, after all, educated by the master himself). I’m not even going to attempt to understand how this ridiculous blow hard, whiner, bitcher, screamer, escapes multiple, upon multiple technicals. How does this even happen? This is seriously not even possible. Hurley has this much pull, and he hasn’t accomplished s***, not that that is a requisite, but seriously, why can’t anyone call him on his hostile bullshit? What are the refs afraid of? Dude should be tossed in most games. He screams at his players for the cameras, but everyone knows it is directed at the refs. Pure bullshit. PAC 12 needs to nut up big time. Inexcusable.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Everythingsducky wrote:
Hurley: ‘They’ve been playing great defense. This is probably the most successful anyone has been in terms of scoring on them over the last couple of weeks’...of course he is going to defer credit, and say anything to boost his team without giving credit where it is due (he was, after all, educated by the master himself). I’m not even going to attempt to understand how this ridiculous blow hard, whiner, bitcher, screamer, escapes multiple, upon multiple technicals. How does this even happen? This is seriously not even possible. Hurley has this much pull, and he hasn’t accomplished s***, not that that is a requisite, but seriously, why can’t anyone call him on his hostile bullshit? What are the refs afraid of? Dude should be tossed in most games. He screams at his players for the cameras, but everyone knows it is directed at the refs. Pure bullshit. PAC 12 needs to nut up big time. Inexcusable.
I despise everything about Hurley's behavior/coaching and anyone else, especially when I see it in High School games, that acts like that.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I wonder if the Hurley hatred is a regional thing. I remember when Joey was in Detroit and his thoughtful, articulate responses to media questions were always mocked by the fans. He just reminded me of everything I like about the Northwest, where one of our big tourist attractions is an old bookstore. Hurley reminds me of people I have met from New Jersey and the East Coast. His whole look and approach seems designed to piss off anyone from the West Coast. :lol: