Championship: #1 UW vs #6 Oregon (Saturday 7:30 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Championship: #1 UW vs #6 Oregon (Saturday 7:30 PM ESPN)

Post by greenyellow »

Pac-12 Championship: #1 Washington vs #6 Oregon (Saturday 7:30 PM ESPN)

Oregon is 1-1 vs Washington
L 56-61 @ Oregon
W 55-47 @ Washington
Merganzer
Senior

Re: Championship: #1 UW vs #6 Oregon (Saturday 7:30 PM ESPN)

Post by Merganzer »

northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

So we rip off 7 straight, including holding 5 of the last 7 teams to season lows in scoring.
We beat three tourney bound teams (ASU, UW, ASU), including one road and one neutral.
We have the second best NET in the PAC.
And we are not even “next 4 out”?
That is crap!

Tell me we are not better than ASU or NC State right now (who has 1 win in conference play over a tourney team)
If you put ASU or NCState vs Oregon on a neutral floor right now, Ducks win.

“I guess there is only one thing left to do.....win the whole &@;$!? thing”
Last edited by northbeachsf on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Why is the final starting at 10:30???? Da eff you doing PAC-12 for us east coasters
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

northbeachsf wrote:So we rip off 7 straight, including holding 5 of the last 7 teams to season lows in scoring.
We beat three tourney bound teams (ASU, UW, ASU), including one road and one neutral.
We have the second best NET in the PAC.
And we are not even “next 4 out”?
That is crap!

Tell me we are not better than ASU or NC State right now (who has 1 win in conference play over a tourney team)

Not saying we should be in, but if you put ASU or NCState vs Oregon on a neutral floor right now, Ducks win.
Agreed. Trying to comb the internet for any mention of the ducks being on the bubble. Some of the records of teams that Palm and Lunardi have in the tourney over the Ducks are crazy. The funny thing to me is that they all pick the ducks to win these PAC 12 tourney games. That respect apparently doesn't extend beyond Las Vegas. I think the national media just fell in love early on with the idea of the PAC 12 only getting one team in. Whenever they bother to spend a few words on the Ducks and why they shouldn't get in, it usually boils down to 'Because Texas Southern'.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

We have higher BPI and NET ranking than ASU, so would be disappointed if they got in over us.

But hey, just win and it doesn’t matter!!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... =401120759

They've had it right so far, Ducks 54.1% to win.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

This is going to be more of a mental test tonight than a physical test I think. They've got to make the poodles feel like the tired team and just stay mean the whole game.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2019/3/16/1 ... basketball

This game likely comes down to intangibles. But since I don’t know which way those are going to tilt I’m going to make my pick solely on basketball reasons. And those don’t appear to go in UW’s favor. I very much hope I’m wrong.
Prediction
Washington Huskies- 56, Oregon Ducks- 62

This tracks. The Huskies "won" in MKA on a last minute flood of intangibles. The Ducks beat the mutts on Senior Day in Seattle.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Man, I really want to beat these guys, lol.

KenPom has UW winning by 1, at 49% chance for Oregon, but ofc that doesn't consider our recent hot streak.

Go Ducks!
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

I'm not impressed by Washington. Oregon got hosed the first time they played and Washington won. That being said, it is going to be a tall order to win on the fourth night in a row. But if they do....man, this is going to be a season to look back on. I had a feeling midway through the season that, in the end, it was going to be a rewarding season...and they are sooo damn close to the prize now....
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

If you think the fix would ever be on, it has to be for us so that the P12 can get a 3rd team in. Or would we bump ASU out? haha
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I'm so excited: I found the first article where Oregon is mentioned under 'next four out'.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-tournamen ... 06569.html
OREGON (22-12, 10-8, NET 56, KenPom 49)

Q1: 2-5

Q2: 4-4

Best wins: Syracuse, at Washington, Arizona State (2), at Arizona

Q3, Q4 losses: 3 (Oregon State, UCLA, Texas Southern)

Oregon fans hoping that reaching the Pac-12 title game will be enough to snag an at-large bid are going to be disappointed. The Ducks need to beat top-seeded Washington on Saturday night to make the NCAA tournament. While Oregon boasts a pair of wins over Arizona State and single victories over Syracuse and Washington, the Ducks are still just 2-5 in Quadrant 1 games and 4-4 in Quadrant 2. Home losses to UCLA and Oregon State hurt, as does one to Texas Southern. In most years, a team lands an NCAA bid if it wins 10 Pac-12 games and reaches the conference tournament title game. In one of the weakest Pac-12s in recent memory, however, that’s an NIT resume.
It was nice: the author wrote a whole paragraph on how the ducks aren't worthy. Usually it's just Washington and ASU and crickets. Somebody noticed us!
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Also made it on to Lunardi's Board: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology

Belmont
Texas
Indiana
Oregon
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Phalanx wrote:I'm so excited: I found the first article where Oregon is mentioned under 'next four out'.

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-tournamen ... 06569.html
OREGON (22-12, 10-8, NET 56, KenPom 49)

Q1: 2-5

Q2: 4-4

Best wins: Syracuse, at Washington, Arizona State (2), at Arizona

Q3, Q4 losses: 3 (Oregon State, UCLA, Texas Southern)

Oregon fans hoping that reaching the Pac-12 title game will be enough to snag an at-large bid are going to be disappointed. The Ducks need to beat top-seeded Washington on Saturday night to make the NCAA tournament. While Oregon boasts a pair of wins over Arizona State and single victories over Syracuse and Washington, the Ducks are still just 2-5 in Quadrant 1 games and 4-4 in Quadrant 2. Home losses to UCLA and Oregon State hurt, as does one to Texas Southern. In most years, a team lands an NCAA bid if it wins 10 Pac-12 games and reaches the conference tournament title game. In one of the weakest Pac-12s in recent memory, however, that’s an NIT resume.
It was nice: the author wrote a whole paragraph on how the ducks aren't worthy. Usually it's just Washington and ASU and crickets. Somebody noticed us!
:lol: Well...I'm sure Dana is going to be explaining the only way in, is to open the damn door yourself tonight...

On a related note, I still cant believe Bobby Hurley said that ASU was already in, before playing Oregon....Christ, I hope he is wrong....
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."