Women's seeding

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Women's seeding

Post by greenyellow »

In a big mistake by ESPNU, they apparently showed the entire women's tournament bracket. Based on screenshots, Oregon is a 2 seed in the West region and will host Portland State in Eugene to open the Tournament:
TualatinDuck
Senior

Re: Women's seeding

Post by TualatinDuck »

So much for the selection show.............
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

oops
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Lol! Oops! Wonder how the selections turn out after this? I would love Portland St to face anyone except Oregon, why two Oregon teams matching up in the first round?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Due to the screwup by ESPNU, the official show has been scrapped and the brackets have been released online.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

From https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/0 ... ional.html:

Originally scheduled to be released at 4 p.m. PT, ESPN moved the bracket announcement up to 2 p.m. PT in the wake of its early release of the bracket on ESPNU.

“In working with the NCAA to prepare for tonight’s Women’s Selection Special we received the bracket, similar to years past," ESPN said in a statement. "In the midst of our preparation, the bracket was mistakenly posted on ESPNU. We deeply regret the error and extend our apology to the NCAA and the women’s basketball community. We will conduct a thorough review of our process to ensure it doesn’t happen in the future.”

Oregon cancelled its selection show watch party on Monday, as did many other schools.

“An unfortunate technical error by ESPN revealed the 2019 NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Championship bracket earlier today,” the NCAA said in a statement. “We regret the network’s mistake and are working with our partners at ESPN to prevent similar errors in future years. We look forward to collaborating with ESPN to bring fans exciting women’s basketball tournament coverage throughout the remainder of the championship.”
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Okay Great...They are in the Portland regional...That is all I care about.

Last week my Dad and sister had me buy tickets to the regional in Portland for the three of us...Short of a devastating loss at home, I cannot wait to see them play in the sweet sixteen (and hopefully) and elite 8. MSU will be extremely hard to beat twice in one season....National Runner Up's for the past few years. It's going to be a wonderful atmosphere in Portland!
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Greenblood wrote:From https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/0 ... ional.html:

Originally scheduled to be released at 4 p.m. PT, ESPN moved the bracket announcement up to 2 p.m. PT in the wake of its early release of the bracket on ESPNU.

“In working with the NCAA to prepare for tonight’s Women’s Selection Special we received the bracket, similar to years past," ESPN said in a statement. "In the midst of our preparation, the bracket was mistakenly posted on ESPNU. We deeply regret the error and extend our apology to the NCAA and the women’s basketball community. We will conduct a thorough review of our process to ensure it doesn’t happen in the future.”

Oregon cancelled its selection show watch party on Monday, as did many other schools.

“An unfortunate technical error by ESPN revealed the 2019 NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Championship bracket earlier today,” the NCAA said in a statement. “We regret the network’s mistake and are working with our partners at ESPN to prevent similar errors in future years. We look forward to collaborating with ESPN to bring fans exciting women’s basketball tournament coverage throughout the remainder of the championship.”
That really is a bummer for the schools....It is part of the fun of the whole experience to find out in real time....oh well
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Kind of amazing we already beat the 1- and 3-seeds in our region.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Alan wrote:Lol! Oops! Wonder how the selections turn out after this? I would love Portland St to face anyone except Oregon, why two Oregon teams matching up in the first round?
Could have something to do with travel. Not sure. They did the same with #2 seed Stanford, Who plays UC Davis.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Tray Dub wrote:Kind of amazing we already beat the 1- and 3-seeds in our region.
I can't decided if this is good or bad....but it is definitely annoying.

Good chance Oregon's Sweet Sixteen and Elite 8 games are rematches.....Come on, is that really what should be happening? Are more than one non-conference rematches projected anywhere else in the bracket???

I generally think the best team wins the first match up between teams, but after that, the most recent loser has a slightly better chance in subsequent games. Nonetheless, Oregon has the ability to win the whole thing if they play up to their ability...no excuses..
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Tray Dub wrote:Kind of amazing we already beat the 1- and 3-seeds in our region.
Even though we beat them, I think Miss. State was the best team we played. Better than those 4 who
beat us.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

Might be wrong (I’m basing this off the hard to read whiteboard pic) but we’ve already played and beaten Arizona State and South Dakota State as well. So that’s the 1,3,5,6 seeds in our bracket. Basically guaranteed rematches after the first two rounds.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

For people that like to print out the bracket, here is a link to the printable one.

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/print/bas ... en/d1/2019