Question on Bol Bol

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Re: Question on Bol Bol

Post by shoparound »

Bol coming back would like Captain Marvel uniting with the Avengers for next season.
Unfortunately I don't see that script playing out with us. It's major long shot for him to come back. It would have been like asking Mariota back for senior season.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

shoparound wrote:It would have been like asking Mariota back for senior season.

Maybe I am misunderstanding your analogy, it sounds like you are comparing a three year starter who won the hiesman to a true freshman who was injured after nine games.

I'm pleased that Bol Bol is still active with school and the team, I doubt he will come back but I think the chances are much better then none or slight...... maybe 25% he comes back in my mind.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

gogreen55 wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:King does not have a better shot than Brown.
How do you figure that? King has shot a higher percentage from 3pt distance on a higher volume of shots than Brown did. 35.7% compared to 29.1%. King also has a slightly higher free throw percentage.
King definitely has a better shot than Brown, and always will. However, Brown's attractiveness was his versatility, athleticism, passing abilities, and his length/defense. I think Troy has him beat in most of those areas (except maybe Length). King does have a nice shot, and also could be a go to scorer (where I don't think Brown would).

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

OK both king and Bol are the worst players I've ever seen. Both should stay another year.

OK that was my selfish moment for the day
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Bol should go pro. If he's healthy for the combine, his stock will shoot back up into the top 10.

King is a tough one for me. I think he's considerably better than Troy Brown, but he also missed a full year of basketball and isn't projected as highly as Brown was. Personally, I think Brown is going to be a bust in the NBA and was overvalued, but we will see.

I think if Lou gets a clear 1st round grade, he should go. IF not, come back and work on his strength/body. He'll be a 3 and D guy in the NBA for a long time IMO once he bulks up, but if he goes in the 2nd round and plays in the G-League for 2 years, that's a rough road.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

None of the mock drafts I've seen have had King in the 1st round and only a handful even have him in the 2nd round. While he's been great overall down the stretch, there were times where he sort of disappeared. I agree with Grant in what he needs to work on to increase his value in the NBA.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

gogreen55 wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:King does not have a better shot than Brown.
How do you figure that? King has shot a higher percentage from 3pt distance on a higher volume of shots than Brown did. 35.7% compared to 29.1%. King also has a slightly higher free throw percentage.
Dammit I was thinking Tyler Dorsey... my bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I think it would take a monster Tournament performance for Lou King to start getting 1st round love. He seems like another year of full health would do wonders for his game under Altman vs the rigors, travel and uneven playing time that can come from the G-League.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Get paid a decent salary in the G-league to play ball vs don't get paid to play ball in college... the choice is fairly obvious. The only counterpoint I find is more stress/pressure in the league.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Whatever the majority of people think, playing for a program such as Oregon is not slave labor.

Sure, the poor souls have to attend class and maintain certain standards of deportment and achieve reasonably decent grades, but the training facilities, food services, tuition, and other costs are paid by the university.

A non scholarship student would certainly beg to differ that there is no value in that.

I know my daughter would love to avoid paying for student loans.

Basketball is temporary... Education is something many of these guys will never complete if they don't start young.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

woundedknees wrote:Whatever the majority of people think, playing for a program such as Oregon is not slave labor.

Sure, the poor souls have to attend class and maintain certain standards of deportment and achieve reasonably decent grades, but the training facilities, food services, tuition, and other costs are paid by the university.

A non scholarship student would certainly beg to differ that there is no value in that.

I know my daughter would love to avoid paying for student loans.

Basketball is temporary... Education is something many of these guys will never complete if they don't start young.

Great post! X2!
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

speaking of troy brown, i wish he would have spent more time in the g-league this year. he had a brief stint -- 11 games -- and he did very well. 16.6 pts/6.2 reb/4.5 ast/ 1.5 steals, shot 49% from the floor and 37.5% from 3. he's spent most of the season (41 games) with the wiz, where he's playing just under 10 minutes/game with far fewer opportunities, and far less success. he did have his first nba double-digit scoring night a few nights ago, 10 points/8 boards in 17 minutes against Charlotte.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Hoagduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by Hoagduck »

There's a chance both come back, but if they go, all the best to them, I don't think either is 100% either way.
Bighonkingduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by Bighonkingduck »

oregontrack wrote:speaking of troy brown, i wish he would have spent more time in the g-league this year. he had a brief stint -- 11 games -- and he did very well. 16.6 pts/6.2 reb/4.5 ast/ 1.5 steals, shot 49% from the floor and 37.5% from 3. he's spent most of the season (41 games) with the wiz, where he's playing just under 10 minutes/game with far fewer opportunities, and far less success. he did have his first nba double-digit scoring night a few nights ago, 10 points/8 boards in 17 minutes against Charlotte.

Last 5 games averaging 22min as the Wiz taking good look at him! Had ten boards and 9pts last night in 30 min

Gets start tonite 21st and gets 13pts 5 boards 3 assists in 33 min
Last edited by Bighonkingduck on Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I find teams' use of two-way players to be a little confusing, in general, not just Washington.