QUACK! Women's team lands 5-star 2020 G Sydney Parrish

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Thurston
Two Star Recruit

QUACK! Women's team lands 5-star 2020 G Sydney Parrish

Post by Thurston »

Huge get for the 2020 class. #11 overall prospect I believe.

Feel free to move this to another thread if the men's/women's recruiting should all be in one place.
greenyellow

Re: Women's team lands 5-star 2020 G Sydney Parrish

Post by greenyellow »

Big get that should really help make up for when Sabrina leaves after next season.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Hmm, I thought Oregon could only get international players. 8-)
Great Eval's: http://www.espn.com/high-school/girls-b ... /id/225152
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Nice!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

Great pickup. And I also hope we pickup some more post players this next recruiting class as well. Should be part of a great upcoming season!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Looks like 4* 2020 F and #33 overall ESPN prospect Angela Dugalic is visiting this weekend:
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Appears to be a Ducks/Bruins battle
ESPN evaluation

USJN-April 2019: Versatile faceup-4 manufactures, rises on jumper and delivers in the lane; quick 1st-step attack scores in traffic, consistently produces in the block; mobile in uptempo game; skilled front court performer continues as a top tier prospect in the class of 2020. (Olson)

USJN-April 2018: Agile faceup-4 with college-ready frame delivers off the dribble, mismatch creator; elevates with soft touch in key; quick in block, active on the glass; emerging dominance in the key; shot blocking presence, superb in transition; a stock-riser in the class of 2020. (Olson)

USJN-May 2017: Athletic faceup-4 brings developing offensive game; elevates on jumper in lane, active on glass; potential. (Olson)
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Supposedly Minyon Moore (USC grad transfer) is down to Oregon, Baylor, and MissSt.
I think all 3 schools have a shot. She may fit in the other two more though, because even though we lost Maite, Chavez, Yaeger and freshman were expecting to fill that role.
But it would be nice to have one of those short quick guards though, that are Pac-12 ready.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

shoparound wrote:Supposedly Minyon Moore (USC grad transfer) is down to Oregon, Baylor, and MissSt.
I think all 3 schools have a shot. She may fit in the other two more though, because even though we lost Maite, Chavez, Yaeger and freshman were expecting to fill that role.
But it would be nice to have one of those short quick guards though, that are Pac-12 ready.
Hmmmm....I agree that maybe Oregon seems like an odd fit compared with the other two. But honestly, I think she'd be an awesome addition. I'm not sure she would start over Chavez though, who has a better 3 point shot. Depth (seemingly) finally caught up with Oregon in the last 2-3 minutes against Baylor and any bolstering of depth would be huge.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

bigsugarduck wrote:
shoparound wrote:Supposedly Minyon Moore (USC grad transfer) is down to Oregon, Baylor, and MissSt.
Hmmmm....I agree that maybe Oregon seems like an odd fit compared with the other two. But honestly, I think she'd be an awesome addition. I'm not sure she would start over Chavez though, who has a better 3 point shot. Depth (seemingly) finally caught up with Oregon in the last 2-3 minutes against Baylor and any bolstering of depth would be huge.
I agree that she would be a great addition. USC plays with an aggressive style of basketball that I think would add some spice to Oregon's flavor.
maxduck
Senior

Re: QUACK! Women's team lands 5-star 2020 G Sydney Parrish

Post by maxduck »

Listen to Nemec interview Parrish, What a great personality and addition to the team.

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/0 ... ether.html
thomas time
Senior

Re: QUACK! Women's team lands 5-star 2020 G Sydney Parrish

Post by thomas time »

ya I listened to it last night and you could tell how excited she is, hopefully she gets her bff Caitlin Clark