WBB grad transfer Minyon Moore visiting Oregon

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

WBB grad transfer Minyon Moore visiting Oregon

Post by greenyellow »

Looking to add more backcourt depth and scoring punch, Oregon will be hosting USC grad transfer G Minyon Moore this weekend on a visit.
Greenblood
Senior

Re: WBB grad transfer Minyon Moore visiting Oregon

Post by Greenblood »

I think she'd be a terrific one-year addition is she's able to fit in with the current makeup of the team.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

Greenblood wrote:I think she'd be a terrific one-year addition is she's able to fit in with the current makeup of the team.
Ditto...But I think Chavez would be a similar player in many ways (possibly a better shooter from 3?). If Moore coming here is based upon a guaranteed starting spot, I'd be hesitant, but if she is cool with possibly ending up as the 6th woman for a realistic National Champion level team, yes please!....the depth would have honestly made the difference against Baylor this year....
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Thurston
Two Star Recruit

Post by Thurston »

I'm actually not sure where she'd be best utilized. She's a poor shooter but she's really good putting the ball on the floor and drawing contact/getting the line. And if I'm remembering her right, she's a terrific defender. So there's some sense in playing her alongside our fantastic array of shooters (Sabrina, Boley, Sabally) because they'd create a bunch of space for her to work, and her brand of energetic defense would be welcome.

But she'd also be useful off the bench when we need a spark, or the outside shots aren't falling. Hope we land her. Graves will find the right spot.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Don't discount a starting lineup of Ruthie, Nyara and Boley up front with Satou and Sabrina playing their future WNBA positions of Off Guard and Point Guard respectively. Make up for the lack of a big post with huge average size and athleticism. Plus both Sabally sisters can run like deer.

Satou is as fast and agile as most off guards despite being tall. She runs, handles the ball and shoots 3s.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Don't discount a starting lineup of Ruthie, Nyara and Boley up front with Satou and Sabrina playing their future WNBA positions of Off Guard and Point Guard respectively. Make up for the lack of a big post with huge average size and athleticism. Plus both Sabally sisters can run like deer.

Satou is as fast and agile as most off guards despite being tall. She runs, handles the ball and shoots 3s.
I'm sorry but I don't see Boley getting many minutes this year. She lost her shot at the end of last year. Don't know if it was too much pressure or she was out of shape but she struggled mightily in crunch time...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Thurston
Two Star Recruit

Post by Thurston »

I would... very much disagree with that.
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

nogerO wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:Don't discount a starting lineup of Ruthie, Nyara and Boley up front with Satou and Sabrina playing their future WNBA positions of Off Guard and Point Guard respectively. Make up for the lack of a big post with huge average size and athleticism. Plus both Sabally sisters can run like deer.

I'm sorry but I don't see Boley getting many minutes this year. She lost her shot at the end of last year. Don't know if it was too much pressure or she was out of shape but she struggled mightily in crunch time...
:lol: nuuuuh... Boley may have had a few off games late in the season, sure, but she was all pac-12 caliber and will be the next 2 years.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

Boley is way too good to be kept off the floor.
Tbh the team was hanging on at the end of the year (maybe except that MSU game). They just played so many minutes. Hopefully different story this year.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

bigsugarduck wrote:
nogerO wrote:

:lol: nuuuuh... Boley may have had a few off games late in the season, sure, but she was all pac-12 caliber and will be the next 2 years.
:lol: We shall see.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Graves did mention that she did have off-season surgery which caused her to miss the USA Basketball 3x3 tournament that Oregon won again. The injury that necessitated the surgery may have been why she was having issues at the end of last season.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

nogerO wrote:
bigsugarduck wrote:
nogerO wrote:

:lol: We shall see.
Given your history of predictions based on knee-jerk reactions to a few games, I think I know which way I'm steering. She'll definitely see 20+ minutes a game next season. :lol:
nogerO wrote:Let me know when the men’s basketball team is watchable again. If you want to see a very good high IQ basketball team that hustles, watch our women. I’ve watched every game available to me and they’re fantastic and fun. I’d be surprised if the men’s team wins another game.
nogerO wrote: Not airing any grievances buddy, just my opinion on where this season may wind up. I’m pretty sure ASU and Utah won’t have much trouble beating our Ducks right now and Oregon State at Corn Valley will be a very big game for the beavers under their new coach midget Smith. I sincerely hope I’m wrong about finishing 6-6 but my gut says otherwise. Just my opinion and apparently this board is showing signs of becoming eDuck lite where not drinking the green kool-aid gets you chastised. Hope I’m wrong about that too.

Go Ducks!!!
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Boley definitely looked a step slow on defense at the end of last year at minimum. If her shot is on though, she's still very valuable.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Boley definitely looked a step slow on defense at the end of last year at minimum. If her shot is on though, she's still very valuable.
This is a reasonable post. Yes she adds a lot of value on offense but she was a pretty big liability on defense against Baylor. She definitely needs to work on her lateral speed cause a few times on defense she looked like a statue. I’m sure she’ll improve and see plenty of playing time, though next year’s team appears to be more stacked so there may not be as many minutes to go around.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

QUACK! Ducks have added Minyon Moore for the 2019-2020 season. She should add more depth and defensive intensity to the backcourt.