MBB: #10 Oregon @ #8 Michigan (Sat 9 AM CBS)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pairadux
One Star Recruit

Re: MBB: #10 Oregon @ #8 Michigan (Sat 9 AM CBS)

Post by pairadux »

PP was of course clutch at the end, but I loved a few of the little things Okoro did. The nifty drive for the layup near the end, and most importantly on the last play.... altering the Michigan game winner, then swatting the rebound away to avoid buzzer beating tap in. He's not a stat stuffer, but I love how the guy battles for us.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

pairadux wrote:PP was of course clutch at the end, but I loved a few of the little things Okoro did. The nifty drive for the layup near the end, and most importantly on the last play.... altering the Michigan game winner, then swatting the rebound away to avoid buzzer beating tap in. He's not a stat stuffer, but I love how the guy battles for us.
I'll second this....I was hoping he'd developed a bit more but the injuries/car have probably slowed that process somewhat. Still time...but love the effort.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Post by bigsugarduck »

What I will remember about this one is PP just owning Michigan's PG, supposedly a good defender, over and over again....PP looking like more and more like Pac-12 POY and an AA.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Those announcers did not know what to say half the time , they were so PRO Michigan it was painful. PP knew he could get a shot evertime that little pg try and defend him 1v1. So fun to watch.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

The win at Michigan pushes Oregon up to #8 n the AP poll. Michigan drops to #14. The Zags are #2, and UNC leads in "receiving votes", with 41, Seton Hall is tied with Stanford, with 3. Arizona is #16, Washington #22.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Man what a win for the Ducks! That is the best non-conference schedule I think we've ever played. And we also won 3 out of our 5 top 20 match ups. That's great stuff!

Oregon is setting themselves up for a high seed if they can wrap up non-conf with wins, and have a solid Pac-12 play finish.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13