MBB: #24 Arizona @ #9 Oregon (Thu 6 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: MBB: #24 Arizona @ #9 Oregon (Thu 6 PM ESPN)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Phalanx wrote:Great win. What a game.
Wait, it’s over? My stream is behind!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Well glad they won, but this team sure needs to play better going forward.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Okoro has hands of friggin' stone. Grab the damn ball.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Good to get the win but Oregon is definitely not playing as well as it could be.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

greenyellow wrote:Good to get the win but Oregon is definitely not playing as well as it could be.
Definitely not... Arizona, although playing an away game, didnt look much better at times..
It's a win..but, not pretty
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Great win. Zona is really talented and started out hot. Ducks are gritty though. Great to see Dante starting to get some traction and man, Will Rich is a baller. The block he had was sick. We also need Walker ASAP.
ICamel
Two Star Recruit

Post by ICamel »

Largest crowd of the season for the men = 10,113
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Might be a bit late to the party, but I'm convinced after tonight that with Dante and a healthy CJ Walker we can absolutely be a Final Four team again with the right draw in March. Duarte/Pritchard/Richardson are all 3 level scorers and very good 2 way players, but those 2 big men will determine how far this team goes.

When Dante was in during our run to catch up in the 2nd half, you could see we were just at a different level. We were down 43-38 when he came and then we were up 48-46 within a few possessions. He still has so much to learn, especially on defense at this level(he got winded in the 1st half really quick and left open shooters)..but that short stretch in the 2nd half, we were at that elite level. Now it's just bottling that up.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Quick Takes
- Mannion is a baller, that kid is fun to watch for sure & Arizona is going to be a tough out in the tournament if they are hitting on all cylinders.
- Oregon really missed Walker and his athleticism rebounding and defense.
- I like this Altman v. Miller rivalry, they both coach their asses off but are very complimentary of each other.
- I feel sorry for Bill Pasch he is actually a good play-by-play guy and somehow he gets stuck with Walton each season.
- Walton's antics can sometimes be ok, but I would like him to do some actual color commentary as we had two of the best coaches going against each other last night and I would have liked to know what he was seeing schematically.
- Great crowd for a 6PM week night game too. You could really hear them
- ESPN did not have a mic on the rim and it was very annoying as there was no sound when a ball would hit it and it made me sad.
- Oregon is going to be a hell of a matchup for anyone in the tournament this team could be a elite 8 / final 4 team for sure.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

justducky0 wrote:Quick Takes
- Mannion is a baller, that kid is fun to watch for sure & Arizona is going to be a tough out in the tournament if they are hitting on all cylinders.
- Oregon really missed Walker and his athleticism rebounding and defense.
- I like this Altman v. Miller rivalry, they both coach their asses off but are very complimentary of each other.
- I feel sorry for Bill Pasch he is actually a good play-by-play guy and somehow he gets stuck with Walton each season.
- Walton's antics can sometimes be ok, but I would like him to do some actual color commentary as we had two of the best coaches going against each other last night and I would have liked to know what he was seeing schematically.
- Great crowd for a 6PM week night game too. You could really hear them
- ESPN did not have a mic on the rim and it was very annoying as there was no sound when a ball would hit it and it made me sad.
- Oregon is going to be a hell of a matchup for anyone in the tournament this team could be a elite 8 / final 4 team for sure.
Great post. I didn't understand why people in this thread were bemoaning the crowd - they sounded pretty loud last night.
oregonpride
Two Star Recruit

Post by oregonpride »

Time for limited minutes for okoro and Juiston once walker returns. Those guys hurt this team more than help. More Walker, Dante and Lawson..
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

There's a lot to be said for winning the close ones; down by 6 with 1:47 left is emblematic of this team not giving up. Overall, AZ shot better, 45% to 40%, 3's, AZ, 40% to 30%. TO's, AZ 10, ORE, 10 Reb's, AZ 38 ORE 38, The Ducks won this one at the free throw line ! AZ, 9-14, 64.3 ORE, 15-17, 88.2
mrpd21
Five Star Recruit

Post by mrpd21 »

Nico Mannion is a stud but may be the next Grayson Allen in terms of "hateability". His trash talk is backed up by his game but man can he run his mouth.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Merganzer wrote:There's a lot to be said for winning the close ones; down by 6 with 1:47 left is emblematic of this team not giving up. Overall, AZ shot better, 45% to 40%, 3's, AZ, 40% to 30%. TO's, AZ 10, ORE, 10 Reb's, AZ 38 ORE 38, The Ducks won this one at the free throw line ! AZ, 9-14, 64.3 ORE, 15-17, 88.2
We won it at the foul line+rebounding %. We rebounded better at both ends.