WBB: #2 Oregon @ Arizona State (Fri 5 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: WBB: #2 Oregon @ Arizona State (Fri 5 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by greenyellow »

Ducks really need to find their shooting stroke and how not to turn the ball over so much.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

How does shooting get so much worse over one season for the same players? Just listening to the hype and not working hard over the offseason?
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:How does shooting get so much worse over one season for the same players? Just listening to the hype and not working hard over the offseason?
Working with ridiculously small sample sizes. If Sabrina and Boley each only make 6 threes that they’ve missed this season, they are suddenly shooting 40% and 43%, respectively. Regression to the mean will occur.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Did not take enough shots last night and even though the shooting percentage as good overall, there were players who shot terribly. That has to change.
Imagine this team without Ruthy and Sabrina. Someone needs to stick herself hard into the games and get rolling. Replace Boley (unless she starts to do something beside standing in the corner) with Chavez and go with three guards. Chavez is all over the floor and she plays hard. Boley does not. I ahve said it before and I wish Giomi could play a true "big" role, a big like Ruthy. I know she is not the athlete Ruthy is but there must be something. Maybe get Boley into the paint and see if she can get some points and rebounds. NEED offensive rebounds.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

duck58 wrote:So we drop out of the top 5? UA is better than ASU. Better play better.
I’d like to see them drop out of the top 10 and maybe then they’ll figure out they have to do more than show up to win. I would have liked to be able to hear what Sab had to say to some of her teammates after that debacle.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine