WBB: #2 Oregon @ Arizona State (Fri 5 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

rockthief
Senior

Re: WBB: #2 Oregon @ Arizona State (Fri 5 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by rockthief »

Sabrina with twenty. Need more please.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Need miracle three
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

ASU with free throws and Ducks are missing half of theirs
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Worst game they’ve played in a long while. Even Sab couldn’t do it by herself though she tried. Pretty piss poor effort girls.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

game.
arrogance perhaps, terrible free throw shooting, too many turnovers, complacency, only eight O rebounds. If Boley is going to start she needs a new role.
Ok dear Ducks put this one in the closet and kick some butt next game.
ICamel
Two Star Recruit

Post by ICamel »

ASU with 17 points off of Oregon turnovers.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

ASU 19 of 22 free throws, and Ducks 7 of 14. Ducks lose by 6

Why don they get the offensive rebounds?
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

ICamel wrote:ASU with 17 points off of Oregon turnovers.
Sabally with eight turnovers. How is that possible?
Got complacent perhaps with all of the monster blowout wins. This was the sloppiest, weakest game of the season.

Go Ducks!
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

So we drop out of the top 5? UA is better than ASU. Better play better.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

duck58 wrote:So we drop out of the top 5? UA is better than ASU. Better play better.
Most likely. Be okay if coach figures out what to do with Boley, the free throws, and those turnovers. Ugh. This should have been an easy win. This is a really good Duck team and they will come through.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

rockthief wrote:
duck58 wrote:So we drop out of the top 5? UA is better than ASU. Better play better.
Most likely. Be okay if coach figures out what to do with Boley, the free throws, and those turnovers. Ugh. This should have been an easy win. This is a really good Duck team and they will come through.
I know what I’d do with Boley. Sit her a$$. She doesn’t follow her shot, doesn’t block out, plays flat footed on D and doesn’t know that she’s hurting the team by missing all those threes. There are better options than her right now. Bench some people and give them a wake up call. Come on Kelly you’re a better coach than this. Start Shelley or Chavez, let Boley come in but on a short leash and if she’s missing shots yank her. Make her prove she can help this team because being camped outside the 3 line and jacking up bricks and not rebounding or playing D is not helping at all IMHO.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

nogerO wrote:
rockthief wrote:
I know what I’d do with Boley. Sit her a$$. She doesn’t follow her shot, doesn’t block out, plays flat footed on D and doesn’t know that she’s hurting the team by missing all those threes. There are better options than her right now. Bench some people and give them a wake up call. Come on Kelly you’re a better coach than this. Start Shelley or Chavez, let Boley come in but on a short leash and if she’s missing shots yank her. Make her prove she can help this team because being camped outside the 3 line and jacking up bricks and not rebounding or playing D is not helping at all IMHO.
Touchdown! You have it right. She has been a do nothing all season and end of last.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

nogerO wrote:
rockthief wrote:
Spot on, couldn’t agree more. I thought and hoped she’d improve in those areas since last year. Looks to me she was lazy over the offseason.
panamaslim
Two Star Recruit

Post by panamaslim »

I hope both Shelley and Winterburn get more minutes by midway through the conference.- seem very mature for freshmen and could be vital for a deep run in the tourney.

I just watched the OSU vs Arizona game. The 6-3 soph Kate Reese is one heck of a player - can do it all. We'll have our hands full with her on Sunday. And of course, Ari MacDonald. Must win game if we want the Portland invite.
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

osu ended up winning. So they may be #1 for a while which I don't necessarily mind, because it puts pressure on them, and a goal for our team to chase.

Although hopefully this loss shows that they can't play sloppy and win. A few of the losses this season and last season there's been possessions on one possession games where the players made a poor decision on it. They have to go with what works for a guaranteed bucket!