WBB: #3 Stanford @ #6 Oregon (Thu 6 PM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Re: WBB: #3 Stanford @ #6 Oregon (Thu 6 PM ESPN)

Post by bigsugarduck »

nogerO wrote:Hope we win it all this year because we won’t anytime soon after Sabrina is gone.
Well yeah, but #1 recruiting class this year and a few severely under-rated foreign player heavy classes say they will be just fine...No reason they can't stay a top 10 team or higher in the years come.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Stanford got ran over by the G.O.A.T. Then, for good measure, she put it in reverse and ran over them again. Health permitting, this team is going to steamroll virtually everyone at home, particularly if it is a hyped up game that has their full attention. Arizona State is going to get an absolute beatdown when they visit. I fully expect the Ducks to curb stomp the Barkrats when they visit as well. The real test will be on the road....this team hasn't shown they can maintain the same focus (particularly limiting turnovers) and intensity in road games, at least so far.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

bigsugarduck wrote:
nogerO wrote:Hope we win it all this year because we won’t anytime soon after Sabrina is gone.
Well yeah, but #1 recruiting class this year and a few severely under-rated foreign player heavy classes say they will be just fine...No reason they can't stay a top 10 team or higher in the years come.
Well yeah, but I said win it all not stay a top ten team. G.O.A.T. Plays for Oregon. Enjoy it.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

They have the top recruiting class in the nation coming in next year, they may drop off a little but will still be very good. If both Sabally’s are contributors next year the future looks really good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

duckduckgoose wrote:
They have the top recruiting class in the nation coming in next year, they may drop off a little but will still be very good. If both Sabally’s are contributors next year the future looks really good.

If Satou comes back...
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

StevensTechU wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:

If Satou comes back...
That may be a really tough decision. Tons of reasons to go after this year, but she may want to play with her sister who has gone thru so much to get back on a court.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Also remember the 2018 #6 ranked player Sedona Prince should be healthy with a year in the system.
Weston
Three Star Recruit

Post by Weston »

rockthief wrote:Women beat #3 Stanford by 32 points. Men take note how fiercely they play and give it a (_+_($(&* try.
Yeah. This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Would be nice, wouldn't it?
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Weston wrote:
rockthief wrote:Women beat #3 Stanford by 32 points. Men take note how fiercely they play and give it a (_+_($(&* try.
Yeah. This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Would be nice, wouldn't it?
Lol. I remember a week ago people were bitching that the women were reading their own press, as that's the only way they could lose to ASU. Everyone here is so reactionary to every single game. It's also possible that sometimes teams lose even despite giving their best effort, though I've caught on to the trend on this board that indicates every basketball loss is due to Oregon not "wanting it badly enough." It's like it's impossible for college kids to just be inconsistent in performance, and they can't just have off games. How fiercely did the men compete when they got multiple top 10 wins earlier this season?
shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Post by shoparound »

rockthief wrote:If Boley is going to start she needs a new role.
Ok dear Ducks put this one in the closet and kick some butt next game.
rockthief wrote: Boley hs size so how about her helping underneath instead of throwing bad threes up?
rockthief wrote: Most likely. Be okay if coach figures out what to do with Boley, the free throws, and those turnovers. Ugh.
rockthief wrote: She has been a do nothing all season and end of last.
rockthief wrote:Replace Boley (unless she starts to do something beside standing in the corner) with Chavez and go with three guards. Chavez is all over the floor and she plays hard. Boley does not.
rockthief wrote:Boley hd 2 rebounds 2 assists and a steal. Good for her. Now bench her please.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

shoparound wrote:
rockthief wrote:If Boley is going to start she needs a new role.
Ok dear Ducks put this one in the closet and kick some butt next game.
rockthief wrote: Boley hs size so how about her helping underneath instead of throwing bad threes up?
rockthief wrote: Most likely. Be okay if coach figures out what to do with Boley, the free throws, and those turnovers. Ugh.
rockthief wrote: She has been a do nothing all season and end of last.
rockthief wrote:Replace Boley (unless she starts to do something beside standing in the corner) with Chavez and go with three guards. Chavez is all over the floor and she plays hard. Boley does not.
rockthief wrote:Boley hd 2 rebounds 2 assists and a steal. Good for her. Now bench her please.
Nah. She is a nice young woman. There are a couple of good videos about her on Youtube. I want her to do well. Sure I get fired up and critical during games, maybe too critical. Hate? That is way too strong of a word, so no.
Go Ducks!
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Thinking positively, hopefully Boley can be our Robert Horry. Nobody cares that Horry was a pretty mediocre player overall. He had career averages of 7 PPG, 4 RPG, 42.5 FG%, 34.1 3FG%, 72.6 FT%. The reason people remember him is that he came up big in the small handful of games that really matter, helping contribute to 7 championships, thus "Big Shot Rob/Bob". When the NCAA Tournament rolls around (particularly the Sweet 16 and beyond), let's hope Erin peaks at the right time and the Boley Bombs are falling.

thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

U.C.L.A. loses in ot to USC, conference is going to be so wild all season long