MBB: #8 Oregon @ Washington (Sat 12:45 PM CBS)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

MBB: #8 Oregon @ Washington (Sat 12:45 PM CBS)

Post by greenyellow »

JAN 18 (SAT) 12:45 PM PT
WASHINGTON
SEATTLE, WA
TV: CBS
Merganzer
Senior

Re: MBB: #8 Oregon @ Washington (Sat 12:45 PM CBS)

Post by Merganzer »

They beat the Beavs last night, 64-56.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

droop10 wrote:
Weston wrote:
rockthief wrote:Women beat #3 Stanford by 32 points. Men take note how fiercely they play and give it a (_+_($(&* try.
Yeah. This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Would be nice, wouldn't it?
Lol. I remember a week ago people were bitching that the women were reading their own press, as that's the only way they could lose to ASU. Everyone here is so reactionary to every single game. It's also possible that sometimes teams lose even despite giving their best effort, though I've caught on to the trend on this board that indicates every basketball loss is due to Oregon not "wanting it badly enough." It's like it's impossible for college kids to just be inconsistent in performance, and they can't just have off games. How fiercely did the men compete when they got multiple top 10 wins earlier this season?
Brought this over here to an active discussion. Of course there are multiple reasons for a loss, and effort is one of them. I think the Ducks played with a similar fierceness against Gonzaga, a L, and Michigan a W, so no that doesn't determine a win or a loss.
I did not see that same level in the game at WSU, and that lack of fire manifests itself in all areas of the game. Today the Ducks will need to be at level 1. It's hard enough to get a W on the road, much less off a L when the opponent is coming off a big W.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Merganzer wrote:
droop10 wrote:
Weston wrote:
rockthief wrote:Women beat #3 Stanford by 32 points. Men take note how fiercely they play and give it a (_+_($(&* try.
Yeah. This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. Would be nice, wouldn't it?
Lol. I remember a week ago people were bitching that the women were reading their own press, as that's the only way they could lose to ASU. Everyone here is so reactionary to every single game. It's also possible that sometimes teams lose even despite giving their best effort, though I've caught on to the trend on this board that indicates every basketball loss is due to Oregon not "wanting it badly enough." It's like it's impossible for college kids to just be inconsistent in performance, and they can't just have off games. How fiercely did the men compete when they got multiple top 10 wins earlier this season?
Brought this over here to an active discussion. Of course there are multiple reasons for a loss, and effort is one of them. I think the Ducks played with a similar fierceness against Gonzaga, a L, and Michigan a W, so no that doesn't determine a win or a loss.
I did not see that same level in the game at WSU, and that lack of fire manifests itself in all areas of the game. Today the Ducks will need to be at level 1. It's hard enough to get a W on the road, much less off a L when the opponent is coming off a big W; they want this one, bad.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Huskies will be fired up but I think the Ducks will be too. It is always a pleasure to beat Washington.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I hope the ducks don't $hit the bed again today.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Mathis benched in favor of Richardson. High time.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

Tray Dub wrote:Mathis benched in favor of Richardson. High time.
Now its time for Richardson to deserve the stsrt..Much of the time he is just another body on the floor..He needs to step up and play as well as he is capable of playing.. consistently..
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Terrible rebounding. How many 2nd or 3rd chance points are we going to give them?
GDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by GDuck »

Only 2 fouls called on the Huskies in the first half with less than 18 seconds left.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

hope a couple guys get some rebounds this next half
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

dang I just noticed that the Huskies have seven blocks!
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Our bigs look severely outclassed.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

They're scared to shoot near the basket. Go UP STRONG!
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

15-2 run to cut the lead to 3! The first thirty minutes of this game were just brutal, but they've found lanes through Washington's zone and have shored up their post defense. This team shows yet again they are always a threat to mount a comeback.