MBB: #8 Oregon @ Washington (Sat 12:45 PM CBS)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duck58
Four Star Recruit

Re: MBB: #8 Oregon @ Washington (Sat 12:45 PM CBS)

Post by duck58 »

rockthief wrote:
ducksrock wrote:
duck58 wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:PAYTON!
Has to be the best clutch player in college basketball.
This is just one game, but he definitely needs to be in the discussion..
He likely has wounds on his back from carrying this team so often. Ice Man On Fire.
This is not the only game he's done it.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Can't believe they won that game. Pritchard and Lawson absolutely carried the team today. Just need to get some others involved so it's not always on Pritchard's shoulders. Still nice to get the split on the road.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Anyone who speaks ill of PP can go.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I want Lawson and Walker to get more run. Juiston stays where he's at, reduce Okoro's minutes. Dante is still TBD – concerns me he hasn't integrated more yet, but he did flash his passing ability a couple times today and we need his rebounding.

Glad Mathis is coming off the bench. Richardson can go quiet too, but he makes his presence felt a lot more often than Mathis. Payton and Duarte are a really nice backcourt.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Tray Dub wrote:I want Lawson and Walker to get more run. Juiston stays where he's at, reduce Okoro's minutes. Dante is still TBD – concerns me he hasn't integrated more yet, but he did flash his passing ability a couple times today and we need his rebounding.

Glad Mathis is coming off the bench. Richardson can go quiet too, but he makes his presence felt a lot more often than Mathis. Payton and Duarte are a really nice backcourt.
The difference when Richardson goes quiet is he's still a great defender.
pairadux
One Star Recruit

Post by pairadux »

Any idea what Payton was yelling after the shot? Looks like "this is my city". I'm guessing the student section was on him during the game for him to respond that way to the crowd.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

pairadux wrote:Any idea what Payton was yelling after the shot? Looks like "this is my city". I'm guessing the student section was on him during the game for him to respond that way to the crowd.
No idea and whatever it was i am in.
Ice Man On Fire!
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

rockthief wrote:
pairadux wrote:Any idea what Payton was yelling after the shot? Looks like "this is my city". I'm guessing the student section was on him during the game for him to respond that way to the crowd.
No idea and whatever it was i am in.
Ice Man On Fire!
He’s never lost there.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Tray Dub wrote:Unbelievable. This team doesn't always pretty, or even half-decently, but their grit is incredible. No game is out of reach. What a win!
Absolutely, with 10:00 to go in the 2nd half, Ducks trailed, 48-34, outscored them, 30-13 the rest of the way. Total rebs ended up with Oregon down 47-49, but Ducks finished up leading Offensive rebs, 19-17. Neither team could shoot, UW, 32% ORE, 34%, UW finished with 13 TO's, ORE, 8. Ducks just took over in the last 15 minutes, PP played all 45.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

I don’t know how many times Raftery gave PP his ‘onions’ salute. Continues to show the sack and the range. Amazing once again.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Highlights here - there are several PP plays starting at 8 minutes that have to be watched multiple times to believe them. Pritchard 's passes are mindboggling. [youtube]1218676044330225664[/youtube]
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Should we start John Stockton comparisons?
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Fun game.

Continue to be impressed with Chandler Lawson. Our only big that looked like he wasn't intimidated at all by Stewart. If he rebounds like that on top of it, he should start. Pritchard is getting better at closing games. Thought his pass to Juiston was a big step at the end of regulation.

Mathis needs to get his confidence back. He didn't miss an open shot for 2 months, now he can't throw it in the ocean.

Weaknesses continue to be the same(defensive rebounding/FT shooting), but hopefully we make progress on the first one ASAP.

Go Ducks!
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

ya he yelled this is my city since he hasn't lost there, I was just thinking after the WSU Payton might not win player of the year if they keep losing, but that performance will help him and the team for sure.

Dylan Ennis: So...@fastpp3 and @sabrina_i20, what y’all drinking over there in Oregon this year? They ain’t have that “Special Stuff” when I was there. Keep coolin y’all! We are tuned in over the water! #OnceADuckAlwaysADuck

Mario Cristobal: HEART. TOUGHNESS. GRIT. BELIEF. RELENTLESS COMPETITORS!!! THE OREGON WAY!!! #WestCoastDominance #Outwork #RealDealFamily #GoDucks
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Also, I saw some UW fans crying about the refs on Twitter. :lol: :lol:

Stewart got away with murder inside and UW got away with a freakin' 10 second violation(clock was at 19!!) their second to last possession of OT(which Stewart got a soft ass FT on when you actually turned it over).

Reffing was one sided to UW and they still make excuses. :lol: