MBB NCAA R32: #7 Oregon vs #2 Iowa (Mon 9:10 AM CBS)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Re: MBB NCAA R32: #7 Oregon vs #2 Iowa (Mon 9:10 AM CBS)

Post by bigsugarduck »

karlhungis wrote:That was impressive. What a showing by the pac 12 in general.
It is really too bad the damn selection committee put Oregon and USC together so close. Lazy Lazy job on their part. With how the conference has done, I'd be pretty worried if I was Kansas right now. How does that work in terms of Conference records, the Pac-12 gets a win and a loss (presuming USC advances)?
Last edited by bigsugarduck on Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

karlhungis wrote:That was impressive. What a showing by the pac 12 in general.
This is the least surprising P12 performance too.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Wow what an incredible win. I didn't think we'd pull it off due to size but it's never a good idea to bet against Altman in March! Props to the team. Love this team.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I LOVE that Kepnang got in this game, and even that Garza hit some outside shots on him. ALtman not only wins the game going away, but he gets his budding young center some valuable experience, and the Oregon train just keeps on rolling. I haven't enjoyed a game like that since the final four run. Go Ducks!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Hope we get Kansas next, we will win in similar fashion. But I’m not scarred of SC either, unless we go the first 5 minutes without a FG.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

buckmarkduck wrote:Hope we get Kansas next, we will win in similar fashion. But I’m not scarred of SC either, unless we go the first 5 minutes without a FG.
We just don't have a great answer or the bigger Mobley. I like the Kansas matchup better than playing SC again. The advantage of the latter, though, is we can put all those "USC should've won the conference" BS comments to bed.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Oregon put to the bed the argument that they didn't deserve to advance to face Iowa today.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

The PAC-12 is absolutely embarrassing the tournament committee. USC even as a 6 seed is so ridiculous. Move every PAC-12 team up at least 3 seeds (except Colorado) and the seeding would’ve been far more accurate.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

SuperDuck wrote:Ducks will win.

Called it beforehand. Iowa has Garza, who's been all-world, but the Ducks were a better team, the Ducks had a better coach, and the Big-10 has been drastically overrated. They're just now being exposed in the tourney.

Next is the winner of Kansas vs USC.

The Ducks will win that game, too. Book it!
John 3:36
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The lack of more nonconference games I think really hurt the conference in the committee's eyes so they're far more underseeded than they should be.
rentdodger
One Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger »

This game is why Altman is a premiere coach, adapt to the talent you have and get the most out of them. He doesn’t whine at the refs, make excuses about seeding/etc, embarrass his players. Just show up and play.

A couple of points:

-Fresh legs seemed to offset unintended layoffs.

-Kepnang probably gets some more time simply because Oregon has had some time to practice and develop.

-Williams is a really good wing that needs to finish on a drive or point blank. That has been an issue w/ him all year.

Bill Walton is proving to be pretty accurate in his assessment of the PAC-12. Maybe there is some insight from a hall of fame player in between the riffs.

Great game by the Ducks
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

I'll bet there are some pretty funny comments people on this board made back when we lost three out of four in late January (myself probably included).
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The 5 pac 12 teams are showing well. I also thought Utah should have been included in the tournament also. Hopefully next year we get 7 teams in.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

here is to the PAC winning all games today
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Beautiful!!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13