IU Coaching Search

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

IU Coaching Search

Post by whosyourwally »

There are few things in the sports world that piss me off more than schools who think their legacy makes them a better destination than Oregon. Barring Alabama and maybe tOSU, college football has nothing on 2000-> Oregon. The same goes for basketball, Duke excluded.
Could Altman leave for IU? Sure. But is it likely he’d consider any job but the NBA at this point in his career and leave what he’s got going at Oregon? Nope.

https://www.insidethehall.com/2021/03/2 ... na-altman/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: IU Coaching Search

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Agreed, he only leaves for the NBA, Hasn't he already turned down bigger schools?
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I would wager it's more likely than not Altman retires at Oregon.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

GrantDuck wrote:I would wager it's more likely than not Altman retires at Oregon.

I agree he just doesn't have the personality i dont think for the nba.
He is the definition of a college coach to me. I believe he really likes it here.
And we like him here.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I seem to read on other teams boards about how it is known that Altman wants to return to the Midwest and is just waiting for the right fit. They said the same thing about Cristobal - his wife hates it in Eugene, so therefore Auburn or another team has an in. Where does this stuff come from?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phalanx wrote:I seem to read on other teams boards about how it is known that Altman wants to return to the Midwest and is just waiting for the right fit. They said the same thing about Cristobal - his wife hates it in Eugene, so therefore Auburn or another team has an in. Where does this stuff come from?
People creating false hope that a coach ends up elsewhere.