Altman

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

bigsugarduck
Five Star Recruit

Re: Altman

Post by bigsugarduck »

SuperDuck wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Texas, Oklahoma, and now UNC all looking for a coach. I wonder how hard of a run they're going to make at Mark Few.
As attractive as the UNC job is, it would also be a pressure cooker. Altman get stay at Oregon and keep doing what he's been doing, winning 20+ games per year, winning conference championships, and doing well in the tournament every year OR go to UNC, have 1-2 years of leeway, and then have them be expected to win championships every year.

Would what Altman has accomplished at Oregon and Creighton even be appreciated at UNC? They'd probably want to fire him for "only" reaching the Elite-8 after a couple years.

Following in the footsteps of Roy Williams and Dean Smith would be tough.
If UNC came calling, I'd listen...I think Altman would be a lock to succeed at UNC. While Oregon has recruited well, UNC always recruits well. If getting a national title is his goal, coaching at UNC would be one of the easiest places to do it.
Stewart Mandel-"From a purely aesthetic standpoint, I much prefer to watch a good spread-rushing offense over a traditional Power-I offense, and Oregon's has been the most fun by far for the past several years. It's fast, its precise, and when Chip Kelly has the right quarterback (Dixon, Masoli) at the helm, the possibility of someone ripping off a 60-yard run exists on nearly every play."
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Whenever Altman's name comes up for a potential opening, if you go to that school's fan sites, you see a lot fans wanting to take a pass and go for other candidates because of the Brandon Austin and Bigby-Williams controversies.

I wonder how much Altman would want to go through that again in the press as part of taking a job at a new location?
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Well, you can take the Oklahoma off the board. Filled. Happily.