Jonathan Lawson released from Letter of Intent

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Jonathan Lawson released from Letter of Intent

Post by mattc94 »

... following his brother like expected. Stubblefield was his head recruiter so I imagine there is always the possibility he ends up at DePaul. It sucks but I am sure Altman was completely understanding. And with all the transfers the Ducks are going after. I am wondering who Altman is going to hire as his point man in the recruiting field. (if it isn't already Mennenga.)
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Jonathan Lawson released from Letter of Intent

Post by StevensTechU »

Just curious. Which assistant is responsible for all the Canadians we've had in recent years?
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

StevensTechU wrote:Just curious. Which assistant is responsible for all the Canadians we've had in recent years?
Mennenga. I think he even worked as an assistant Olympic coach there. But if Stubblefield was pulling so much weight... you'd have to think Altman wants somebody for a similar role.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

mattc94 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:Just curious. Which assistant is responsible for all the Canadians we've had in recent years?
Mennenga. I think he even worked as an assistant Olympic coach there. But if Stubblefield was pulling so much weight... you'd have to think Altman wants somebody for a similar role.
Stubblefield was Mick Cronin's recruiting coordinator for fours years at Cincinnati and filled the same role at Oregon.
mattc94
Four Star Recruit

Post by mattc94 »

greenyellow wrote:
mattc94 wrote:
Stubblefield was Mick Cronin's recruiting coordinator for fours years at Cincinnati and filled the same role at Oregon.
Mennenga must be the point man on transfers and JC guys on the various recruiting circuits. That must have been a nice set up for Altman. Sad to see it end. But I am sure he wants what's best for Stubblefield.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Side note, great job by ALtman / staff to put the kids first and not force them to do anything. I understand the kid wanting out so that is cool that they did.

Unlike the Doogs to the north, Oregon actually has standup coaches.