Feb. 24 12:30 PM: #5 Oregon vs #11 Tennessee
Feb. 24 5:30 PM: Oregon vs Japan National Team
Feb. 25 9 AM: #5 Oregon vs #7 LSU
Feb. 25 11:30 AM: Oregon vs San Jose State
Merganzer
Senior

Re: Mary Nutter College Classic

Post by Merganzer »

I did not realize when I saw this tournament on the schedule how loaded the MNCC is. It rivals what the PK80 had for basketball.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

it'll be nice prep for pac-12 play, when we get a highly ranked team nearly every weekend.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Oregon 4 Oklahoma State 0. Mia Camuso and Shay Bowden hit solo home runs, Jenna Lilly gets an RBI on a double, is hit in by Svekis. Miranda Elish goes to 4-0 with the 4 hit win.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

actually it was 4-1
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

Ducks lose 3-1 and again they can't hit good pitching
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Thanks, cordy, unfortunately I have the correct score for the second game, Texas A & M 3 Oregon 1. The Ducks had a big opportunity in the 3rd, when #8 hitter Shay Bowden singled, Mack walked, and Lilley singled to load the bases with 0 outs. Shannon Rhodes got a walk, scoring Bowden, keeping the bases loaded. But Svekis, Camuso and Sanders would go down in order. A & M made the best of their opportunity, scoring their 3 with two outs in the 6th. Up next for the Ducks is Tennessee.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Tennessee 1 Oregon 0
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

I'll say it again can't hit good pitching. It has always been White's issue
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

cordy02c wrote:I'll say it again can't hit good pitching. It has always been White's issue
Not exclusively a White issue. But yes, the drop off from early games to these later ones is dramatic. It's also causing me to appreciate Nikki Udria. Sanders, like the rest of the team started off great, 6 home runs, along with a good average, for her in particular. But lately she has been striking out, and is not even close to the fielder Udria was.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Proving that Mike White reads our posts, a shuffled line-up for the Ducks produces a 4-0 win over LSU. DJ Sanders provided the punch with a 2 run homer in the second, Ducks got two more in the third, and that was enough. The line-up changes were Mack to 9, Lilley leading off followed by Camuso, the rest was as usual.
Ducks follow this one with a 1-0 victory over San Jose State. The run came in the second inning; Shaye Bowden driving in Gwen Svekis.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

we scored 7 runs on san jose state, but most of them came in the top of an inning that san jose state couldn't finish because the game was on a time limit so we had 6 runs wiped out.

"can't hit good pitching" is not a mike white issue. nobody can hit good pitching. at this level (and by "this level" i mean games against other highly ranked teams) it's all about taking advantage of the handful of bad pitches you see each game. i present the scores of the games we've lost thus far:

1-0 (9 innings, runner started inning on 2nd base)
3-1 (2 runs unearned; errors)
1-0

none of the other teams could hit our good pitching, they just took advantage of fluke extra-inning rules, errors, or managed to squeak out a run by taking advantage of a rare hittable pitch.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

oregontrack wrote:we scored 7 runs on san jose state, but most of them came in the top of an inning that san jose state couldn't finish because the game was on a time limit so we had 6 runs wiped out.

"can't hit good pitching" is not a mike white issue. nobody can hit good pitching. at this level (and by "this level" i mean games against other highly ranked teams) it's all about taking advantage of the handful of bad pitches you see each game. i present the scores of the games we've lost thus far:

1-0 (9 innings, runner started inning on 2nd base)
3-1 (2 runs unearned; errors)
1-0

none of the other teams could hit our good pitching, they just took advantage of fluke extra-inning rules, errors, or managed to squeak out a run by taking advantage of a rare hittable pitch.
Thanks for elaborating on the "can't hit" issue. The game against A & M is a great example. It was a classic pitcher's duel with the Ducks actually out hitting the Aggies, 4-3, but the Aggies scored an unearned run, for the win.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

ya I agree about not hitting, most top team's can't hit other top teams. There's a reason all of them all good, hint most have elite pitching. In the playoffs you don't see high scoring game's usually, especially when you get to the world series.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

thomas time wrote:ya I agree about not hitting, most top team's can't hit other top teams. There's a reason all of them all good, hint most have elite pitching. In the playoffs you don't see high scoring game's usually, especially when you get to the world series.
Agreed. Time to put that "can't hit" narrative to bed.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine