Oregon Softball

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

thomas time
Senior

Re: Oregon Softball

Post by thomas time »

I was at the game and the home plate was terrible in the game. He had such a small strike zone, but yes it's good she struggled in a game that she still won.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

ducks complete the sweep, big weekend coming up vs #2 FSU at home
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

thomas time wrote:I was at the game and the home plate was terrible in the game. He had such a small strike zone, but yes it's good she struggled in a game that she still won.
Post stamp? Looked like that on tv too. Oh well it is softball and the pitchers should have to throw the ball over the plate. Balint refused to do that when she needed too or get close enough to make the umpire call strikes. Don't want the umpire to think you're trying to show him up either. I'm sure the coach would have had a talk with the umpire if he felt he was unfair, but I don't think that was the issue...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

ducks just run ruled #2 FSU 11-0 in the first game of a double header. Gwen hit a homer, but lots of singles overall. FSU had four errors.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Maggie having the same ump issues in game 2
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I've noticed the umpires rarely call a batter out of the batters box when they try to run up and slap at the ball. By rule contact with the ball when out of the batters box is an out.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Ducks score 3 in the 6th, beat FSU 3-1
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

nice to see Jenna get going, I think four hits and a walk in the two games. Need UCLA to beat Arizona again tomorrow and sweep Stanford next week and I think we win the conference for a fifth straight year.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Balint had a great game, with a hiccup in the second where she walked two batters, but she recovered nicely and shut down the top rated hitting team in the country the rest of the way. Our pitching staff is developing into arguably the best in the country. Elish is no slouch either. Great job ladies! Nice to see the sticks coming around lately too. Now get the brooms out and finish the sweep!
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

The first game run rule win was great. But, I thought game 2 was even more impressive, FSU came out and took the lead early, thought they'd even it up at 2, and have a chance to win the series, but nope. Lilly improved herbatting average by about 50 points in the first two games.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

They're still not calling batters making contact outside of the batters box. This is a great game if you want to watch it. Extra innings 1-1 bottom 9. Update: Ducks win 2-1 on sac fly to sweep #2 ranked FSU!
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

that was a good game, had the feel of a college world series game. Nice job to get out of the mess with second and third and no out.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

thomas time wrote:that was a good game, had the feel of a college world series game. Nice job to get out of the mess with second and third and no out.
You could almost see Balint growing up the last couple of outings. She's going to be special, or should I say really special as she's already special! She knows now that she can beat the best.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

The substitution rules in Softball are hard to get a read on at best. Does anyone know why the move to replace Puentes with Elish in left was overruled?
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Merganzer wrote:The substitution rules in Softball are hard to get a read on at best. Does anyone know why the move to replace Puentes with Elish in left was overruled?
My only guess was that Puentes had run out there already?