Super Regional: Kentucky @ Oregon

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Super Regional: Kentucky @ Oregon

Post by Tray Dub »

alabamaduck wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:Does anyone here besides me prefer watching softball over baseball? I really think those games are far more interesting than watching college baseball. Faster paced no 20 pickoff moves to hold the runner close to first. Anyone? Anyone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No
Yes
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Tray Dub wrote:
alabamaduck wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:Does anyone here besides me prefer watching softball over baseball? I really think those games are far more interesting than watching college baseball. Faster paced no 20 pickoff moves to hold the runner close to first. Anyone? Anyone?

No
Yes
If Ducks baseball was as good as the softball team, probably no. But the softball team is fun to watch for sure.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
alabamaduck wrote:

No
Yes
If Ducks baseball was as good as the softball team, probably no. But the softball team is fun to watch for sure.
Even if the Ducks baseball team was a top 5 team nationally I would still prefer watching the softball games. Maybe it's the cute girls in tight unis!

It's funny, but as a kid baseball was the most fun to play. But I can't watch it on TV at all, but can sit in a ballpark and sit through a game with a cold beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Just like other sports the young players are picking up bad habits from watching the pros. I've noticed a lot of stepping out of the box and undoing the Velcro strap on batting gloves, putting it back on, pulling up your left or right shoulder on your jersey just a lot of unnecessary crap due to the fact there are emulating the big boys. But all that being said I actually prefer to watch a good softball game one played at a high level.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

duckduckgoose wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
alabamaduck wrote:

No
Yes
Even if the Ducks baseball team was a top 5 team nationally I would still prefer watching the softball games. Maybe it's the cute girls in tight unis!

It's funny, but as a kid baseball was the most fun to play. But I can't watch it on TV at all, but can sit in a ballpark and sit through a game with several cold beers.

Fixed

"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

nogerO wrote:Just like other sports the young players are picking up bad habits from watching the pros. I've noticed a lot of stepping out of the box and undoing the Velcro strap on batting gloves, putting it back on, pulling up your left or right shoulder on your jersey just a lot of unnecessary crap due to the fact there are emulating the big boys. But all that being said I actually prefer to watch a good softball game one played at a high level.
It's not a matter of emulating anyone, most kids are taught to step out of the box between pitches, take a practice swing and to take a look at their third base coach. Not only does the hitter need to see if the coach is putting a play on, if you stay in the box and wait on the pitcher to get his sign and come set you tend to get stiff rather than being in a good position to hit.

This is the same reason you see hitters call time out and step out if the pitcher is taking too long.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Another thing i was taught playing baseball or bowling or shooting free throws from
a book i read is you keep your pre pitch or pre shot routine everytime. You become
consistant that way. It isnt for show, or trying to be like someone else its just a habit.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

nogerO wrote:Just like other sports the young players are picking up bad habits from watching the pros. I've noticed a lot of stepping out of the box and undoing the Velcro strap on batting gloves, putting it back on, pulling up your left or right shoulder on your jersey just a lot of unnecessary crap due to the fact there are emulating the big boys. But all that being said I actually prefer to watch a good softball game one played at a high level.
Softball players do the same thing lol
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Does anyone know if tomorrow's game will be broadcast on Portland radio? Can't find anything with google? If so what which station. Thanks, Alan
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I don't think it's on the radio, but on tv either espn or espn2 at 4. Florida lost their first game 3-0 and UCLA won an exciting game in 11 innings I think.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

thomas time wrote:I don't think it's on the radio, but on tv either espn or espn2 at 4. Florida lost their first game 3-0 and UCLA won an exciting game in 11 innings I think.
Thanks, unfortunately I have to be out there on the freeway this crazy Friday before the holiday, but thanks for the heads up, DVR set, watch when I get home.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Alan wrote:
thomas time wrote:I don't think it's on the radio, but on tv either espn or espn2 at 4. Florida lost their first game 3-0 and UCLA won an exciting game in 11 innings I think.
Thanks, unfortunately I have to be out there on the freeway this crazy Friday before the holiday, but thanks for the heads up, DVR set, watch when I get home.
ESPNU today, ESPN2 on Saturday.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

1-0 Ducks going into the top of the fourth!

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Another bad decision by White sending Svekas with 2 outs. Haven't been able to watch too many games but I've seen 3 bad decisions at third sending your catcher who doesn't have that much speed when it's obviously not even going to be close. Anyone else think I'm imagining things? I know he's a great coach but have to shake my head at that one...
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

If she didn't stop she cruises in easily, but it was a bad decision on his part, or hers.