Overlooked statistic... But very important!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Overlooked statistic... But very important!

Post by woundedknees »

Offensive fumbles:

So far this season, DT has fumbled once, in 5 games.

LMJ? 0.

Last season?

Masoli lost 5 fumbles in the first 5 games, while LMJ lost 2.

Huge improvement.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

briarduck
Senior

Re: Overlooked statistic... But very important!

Post by briarduck »

Nice and as usual good find wounded! JM was so careless with the ball, LaMIke has done real well hanging onto the ball so that great to see.
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Yeah Masoli was great with the zone read and could run over or past people but he was one dimensional in almost every game and that is what cost us the 3 games last season. DT brings a lot more to the table and he may be the difference between losing those types of games this season. DT has thrown 5 INT's this season but he has over 1000 yards passing and 13 passing TD's and a couple of rushing TD's already creating a much more balanced offensive attack. Also the Ducks still lead the country with a +11 turnover margin. I think the team just gets a little too pumped to begin games and play sloppy with penalties and turnovers and missed tackles, assignments, etc. but once they settle down they are just about unstoppable, against the good competition this season it has been the same story.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Those passing stats should help withrecruiting, as well.

It really stinks how many high quality receiver prospects turned their noses up at the Ducks over the last couple cycles.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

thegreenstain
Three Star Recruit

Post by thegreenstain »

Yeah, the ball security on offense has been great thus far. Very nice job by DT in that regard. Now the coaches just need to work on cleaning up the turnovers on special teams.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

woundedknees wrote:Those passing stats should help withrecruiting, as well.

It really stinks how many high quality receiver prospects turned their noses up at the Ducks over the last couple cycles.
That's what I've liked about the DT era so far. The offense looks so much more appealing to WRs now that I think Chip may have to start turning some WR recruits away.
Brophdog88
Senior
GM: Denver Nuggets

Post by Brophdog88 »

actually, LaMike has fumbled -1 times, Darron two, considering that great catch by Lamike on the option pitch from Darron that saved a fumble
Denver Nuggets DASL GM
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

thegreenstain wrote:Yeah, the ball security on offense has been great thus far. Very nice job by DT in that regard. Now the coaches just need to work on cleaning up the turnovers on special teams.
Exactly what I was going to say. Turnovers on special teams are huge in any game.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

greenyellow wrote:

That's what I've liked about the DT era so far. The offense looks so much more appealing to WRs now that I think Chip may have to start turning some WR recruits away.
This team feels a lot more like the Dixon / JStew team. A nice balanced attack. Although, I think Dixon was a better runner than Thomas. I still love the balance.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

karlhungis wrote:
greenyellow wrote:

This team feels a lot more like the Dixon / JStew team. A nice balanced attack. Although, I think Dixon was a better runner than Thomas. I still love the balance.
Dennis has more top end speed but I think DT will become a much better passer
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Duck07 wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
greenyellow wrote:

The great thing about this situation is that DT is only getting better and better with each game... sky's the limit.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
Supreme
Four Star Recruit

Post by Supreme »

A few things I've noticed DT needs to work on.

1. Strength and bulk. Not only could he use a little bit more arm strength, but he could add 10 pounds if he intends on carrying the rock. Adding bulk will further help him sustain those hits he's sure to take. Right now, DT reminds me a little of Jacory Harris from Miami.

2. Running harder. I've noticed that DT sometimes pulls up instead of lowering his shoulder upon contact. Pulling up like that leaves him vulnerable to big hits.
Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot... But what of the man? I know his name was Guy Fawkes and I know, in 1605, he attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament. But who was he really? What was he like? We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas. I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them. But you cannot kiss an idea; cannot touch it, or hold it. Ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... And it is not an idea that I miss //////// Follow me one Tumblr/blog http://f***-kp.tumblr.com/
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

Bumi wrote:A few things I've noticed DT needs to work on.

1. Strength and bulk. Not only could he use a little bit more arm strength, but he could add 10 pounds if he intends on carrying the rock. Adding bulk will further help him sustain those hits he's sure to take. Right now, DT reminds me a little of Jacory Harris from Miami.

2. Running harder. I've noticed that DT sometimes pulls up instead of lowering his shoulder upon contact. Pulling up like that leaves him vulnerable to big hits.
He could also work on his throwing motion, takes way to long to "wind up" and get rid of it sometimes... Not sure what it is exactly, but it doesnt look as crisp as other QB in the country...

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

uodux1212 wrote:
Bumi wrote:A few things I've noticed DT needs to work on.

He could also work on his throwing motion, takes way to long to "wind up" and get rid of it sometimes... Not sure what it is exactly, but it doesnt look as crisp as other QB in the country...
He drops the ball down all the way below his waist on his windup giving him a slow release and extremely vulnerable to being stripped in the pocket. But he hasn't been stripped yet and the screen plays are working. Results over style.

It is unlikely they will be able to coach that windup out of him as after 2-1/2 years, 3 spring camps and 3 fall camps in the program it's still there. If his form flaw results in a fumble or 2 down the road and some screens being blown-up, so be it, you have to take the overwhelming good over the bad.
goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Post by goducks75 »

Duck07 wrote:
karlhungis wrote:
greenyellow wrote:

Considering DD was the most efficient passer in college football at the time of his injury in '07, that's a hell of a prediction. I like it though and, at least compared to DD at this point in his Oregon career, DT has been much better. There is still plenty of football left but so long as DT keeps improving and our D keeps playing lights out in the 2nd half, I like our chances.