Adidas Unveils New "Techfit" Jerseys: "30% lighter"

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Supreme
Four Star Recruit

Adidas Unveils New "Techfit" Jerseys: "30% lighter"

Post by Supreme »

ADIDAS UNVEILS TECHFIT FOOTBALL JERSEYS FOR NCAA TEAMS

New compression uniforms will maximize players’ speed and mobility

PORTLAND, Ore. — October 11, 2010 /PRNewswire/ — Today, adidas unveils its new TECHFIT compression football jerseys for seven NCAA teams including Michigan, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Cincinnati, UCLA, Texas A&M and Louisville. Featuring a ground-breaking compression fit and weighing 30 percent lighter than standard football jerseys, the adidas TECHFIT jersey will help players be lighter and faster on the field. Teams will wear the new jerseys this season.

“The new TECHFIT jersey design will make old jerseys obsolete,” said Mark Daniels, director of football and team sports for adidas. “adidas is changing the game with this revolutionary jersey construction and compression fit because we know the right gear can make a difference during a split second play. Less material and a tighter fit means the jersey is harder to grab and you can’t tackle what you can’t grab. College football is more competitive than ever before and teams need every advantage they can get on the field.”

The new TECHFIT jersey is a complete reconstruction of the standard uniform with multiple innovations to reduce the weight of the jersey by 30 percent. These technologies include a streamlined fit, new fabric, reduced seams and an ultra lightweight name and numbering system. In addition, the adidas TECHFIT jersey keeps players cool with integrated ventilation zones and moisture management fabric. Reduced seams and a restriction-free, high-stretch collar design increases range of motion to support player agility and speed.

adidas designs and develops high-performance and lightweight football cleats, apparel and accessories for some of the greatest players and teams in the game including Reggie Bush of the Super Bowl Champion New Orleans Saints, Mario Williams of the Houston Texans, C.J. Spiller of the Buffalo Bills and Eric Berry of the Kansas City Chiefs and is the official uniform and apparel provider for more than 70 collegiate football programs.
http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/adidas/46598/

The Giants have been wearing similar jerseys for at least a season. Scroll down to the bottom right hand corner of the link to see the jerseys and comparions. Typical Adidas. Nike's the innovators, Adida's are the imitators.
Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot... But what of the man? I know his name was Guy Fawkes and I know, in 1605, he attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament. But who was he really? What was he like? We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas. I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them. But you cannot kiss an idea; cannot touch it, or hold it. Ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... And it is not an idea that I miss //////// Follow me one Tumblr/blog http://f***-kp.tumblr.com/
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Re: Adidas Unveils New "Techfit" Jerseys: "30% lighter"

Post by MerDuck »

The only thing I see is that they are ridiculously tight...
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

It just looks like they made a smaller jersey, and that players are going to have to pack in their pads tighter.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I've never been a big fan of Adidas when it comes to football uniforms since they are very bland and if they do come up with an original design, it gets used by a lot of their less traditional schools.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

greenyellow wrote:I've never been a big fan of Adidas when it comes to football uniforms since they are very bland and if they do come up with an original design, it gets used by a lot of their less traditional schools.
And if you want an example just look at Michigan's jerseys from the UM-MSU game. Granted, UM is about as traditional as they get, but come on.
Destroyer77
Five Star Recruit

Post by Destroyer77 »

Adidas is generally 3 years or so behind Nike in innovation, so the addition of this "new" technology is right on schedule.