Hotel for UCLA game

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

blanco_diablo
One Star Recruit

Hotel for UCLA game

Post by blanco_diablo »

Acquired some free tickets on Friday. Had not been planning on going to this game, but it looks like it may be the only one I can make it to this year. Looking for a nice hotel (not smoky, nasty, or crazy loud), pet friendly, would have internet and actually have a room available. Any ideas? Would like it to be less than 30 min from Eugene, preferably in Eugene. Hilton, Valley River Inn, and everything else I've tried are all booked-up for Thursday. Anyone have any tips or tricks?
Duck07
All-American

Re: Hotel for UCLA game

Post by Duck07 »

blanco_diablo wrote:Acquired some free tickets on Friday. Had not been planning on going to this game, but it looks like it may be the only one I can make it to this year. Looking for a nice hotel (not smoky, nasty, or crazy loud), pet friendly, would have internet and actually have a room available. Any ideas? Would like it to be less than 30 min from Eugene, preferably in Eugene. Hilton, Valley River Inn, and everything else I've tried are all booked-up for Thursday. Anyone have any tips or tricks?
Well, there are a bunch of hotels along franklin by campus and an easy walk across the footbridge. Outside of that, the next closest is at gateway just east of the beltline/springfield exit. Quick drive/ltd duck shuttle/walk gets you to autzen in about the same time as the others, just not the same sights.
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

Sweet, that will be the only game I can make it to this season as well, but we are staying in Lincoln City and luckily I have family that lives in Eugene to stay with after the game so I don't have to make that drive back to the coast. I am pumped for my only Duck game of the (regular) season, hopefully though there will be a Rose Bowl or NC game in the new year to attend!
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

At worst if there are no rooms available, going south as far as roseburg isn't horrible.
DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

I have heard that there are limited if any rooms available arounbd eugene for this game..If ya find one, dont try to dicker on the price....Just grab it and feel fortunate...
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Do not stay at the University Inn on Franklin. We booded there thorugh Expedia for the Stanford game and it was a flea bag.
razduck12
Two Star Recruit

Post by razduck12 »

There are some hotels in Cottage Grove...Thats a short drive (15 miles) and a great golf course in neighboring Creswell for the next morning. I believe its the home course of the UO golf team or one of their practice courses.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g5181 ... otels.html
razduck12
Two Star Recruit

Post by razduck12 »

Also looks like a newer Comfort Inn in Creswell a few miles closer to Autzen.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... regon.html
AJ_U
Three Star Recruit

Post by AJ_U »

http://www.niteinnmotel.com/index.php i just booked here for $90