Pro Combat Throwbacks???

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Supreme
Four Star Recruit

Re: Pro Combat Throwbacks???

Post by Supreme »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Anyone else been noticing the wings & number peeling off the last 2 games? It was really bad against Cal. Whether its the plan or not, its time for some new uni's ha. I personally love the current style & hope they stick with the same idea, just tweak things. Gotta keep the wings.
I've noticed the same thing, and asked numerous times why the jerseys look to be so cheap. On top of that, the white tops, both steel and green numbers/wings, don't fit as snug as most of Nike's premier jerseys.

Against Cal, they seemed to have a higher quality jersey than the Ducks. It didn't look better, it merely seemed to be made from a higher quality material. Their jerseys fit snuggly, they weren't tearing, and their numbers weren't peeling off.
Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot... But what of the man? I know his name was Guy Fawkes and I know, in 1605, he attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament. But who was he really? What was he like? We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas. I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them. But you cannot kiss an idea; cannot touch it, or hold it. Ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... And it is not an idea that I miss //////// Follow me one Tumblr/blog http://f***-kp.tumblr.com/
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

UofO8 wrote:
Biggus Duckus wrote:So far I'm not getting sick of these uniforms, especially when we tweak things like the yellow numbers and added the yellow helmet.

the Thunder and Lightning jerseys before them.
Ugh, the Thunder and Lightning jerseys from the Kellen era were so god awful.
Those jerseys reminds me of Cal's.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

I confirmed that there will be a new uniform for the bowl game. It is grey and white and is called "War Machine" the replica's will be available for $80.00.

My info comes from a Nike purchase order. According to the Nike sales rep handling the account for my source's company they are "The Cat's Pajamas".

Direct Quote.

I will post pics as soon as they arrive from Nike.
Last edited by spacefrog13x on Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penky26
Four Star Recruit

Post by Penky26 »

i have found it interesting that to this point they have sold the green jersey, black jersey, yellow jersey and white with green jersey but never the white and steel. Should be interesting to see what the war machine look is.

Only letdown is IF we beat OSeew and go to the Natty, we would be wearing non traditional school colors
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

spacefrog13x wrote:I confirmed that there will be a new uniform for the bowl game. It is grey and white and is called "War Machine" the replica's will be available for $80.00.

My info comes from a Nike purchase order. According to the Nike sales rep handling the account for my source's company they are "The Cat's Pajamas".

Direct Quote.

Ugh, i hope the jersey doesn't have the name "War Machine" anywhere on it. That just sounds kind of lame to be honest.
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

I assume its based off the character from the comics.

Also most nike stuff has weird names that are never used with the public.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

spacefrog13x wrote:I confirmed that there will be a new uniform for the bowl game. It is grey and white and is called "War Machine" the replica's will be available for $80.00.

Direct Quote.

Sounds interesting, but I don't know why they need another white jersey, considering they have barely used the others. They must have come up with something special to commemorate the NCG game or Pac-10 title. The name "War Machine" does makes sense due to Nike's Pro Combat line. Every time I hear War Machine, I do, however, think of Don Cheadle in "Iron Man 2" with the really dark gray suit on, which may be what they are going for.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote:

Direct Quote.

Sounds interesting, but I don't know why they need another white jersey, considering they have barely used the others. They must have come up with something special to commemorate the NCG game or Pac-10 title. The name "War Machine" does makes sense due to Nike's Pro Combat line. Every time I hear War Machine, I do, however, think of Don Cheadle in "Iron Man 2" with the really dark gray suit on, which may be what they are going for.
That's exactly what it is. I know someone touched up the Iron Man suit to Oregon colors, if its called War Machine I guess its a Carbon/Black outfit. Maybe the O in the heart of the uni?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Biggus Duckus wrote:Do we get complimentary shoulder-mounted miniguns?
Plus, wrist-mounted assault rifles. :lol:
Supreme
Four Star Recruit

Post by Supreme »

Bump for those looking for info on the new jersey's.
Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot... But what of the man? I know his name was Guy Fawkes and I know, in 1605, he attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament. But who was he really? What was he like? We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas. I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them. But you cannot kiss an idea; cannot touch it, or hold it. Ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... And it is not an idea that I miss //////// Follow me one Tumblr/blog http://f***-kp.tumblr.com/