LMJ

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Re: LMJ

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Bumi wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:He's supposed to get his NFL evaluation & then he'll decide. He is dead set on getting his degree, so it's hard to say what he'll do.
Everybody's dead set on getting their degree until they learn they have the an opportunity to be making $5+ million a year. Plus, you can always go back to school.
^ +1 ^ So true. Just repeating what he mentioned during interviews. I know his family is pushing for the degree, but like you say money talks, sh_ _ walks.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Barner will be the primary RB if he leaves, Lache will be in the role like Barner was last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kenyon go for 14-1500 yds and get 15 td's next year if LMJ leaves.

That said the NFL IS going to have a lockout, plus the owners want a rookie salary much like the NBA so don't expect big money for a 2nd round pick. LMJ could very easily come back.
spinseeker
Freshman

Post by spinseeker »

Bumi wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:He's supposed to get his NFL evaluation & then he'll decide. He is dead set on getting his degree, so it's hard to say what he'll do.
Everybody's dead set on getting their degree until they learn they have the an opportunity to be making $5+ million a year. Plus, you can always go back to school.
I would even recommend this. I would love to go back to school now. When you are a little older and a little more experience with how the world works, school is just different. You have a better idea of what you want to do and how what your learning can apply in the real world.

Just hope they have taken enough economics classes or whatever to help them manage their new found wealth.
Supreme
Four Star Recruit

Post by Supreme »

spinseeker wrote:
Bumi wrote:
I would even recommend this. I would love to go back to school now. When you are a little older and a little more experience with how the world works, school is just different. You have a better idea of what you want to do and how what your learning can apply in the real world.

Just hope they have taken enough economics classes or whatever to help them manage their new found wealth.
He should probably hire a financial adviser. I think the NFL recommends it during rookie orientation.
Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot... But what of the man? I know his name was Guy Fawkes and I know, in 1605, he attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament. But who was he really? What was he like? We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas. I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them. But you cannot kiss an idea; cannot touch it, or hold it. Ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... And it is not an idea that I miss //////// Follow me one Tumblr/blog http://f***-kp.tumblr.com/
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

I actually think the NFL will avoid the lockout. The NBA, however...
ImageImageImageImageImage
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

With the uncertainty of next season actually happening for the nfl, LMJ is better off staying at least 1 more season. This uncertainty is a big reason so many underclassmen went in last years draft. As for whether he does or not, I saw a video not too long ago where he talked as if next season was already a foregone conclusion.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The NBA could be in a world of hurt if they do go through with the lockout. Seriously how many people really pay much attention to it now? It's not near as big as back in the days of Magic, Bird and Jordan. Personally I like college way better and with the Blazers making it so I can't watch their games her in S. Oregon I have lost all interest in them.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

selfishly i hope he stays but i don't fault him if he goes. Look at Locker he should have definitely left. He lost about 30 million by staying. I really don't care about money but the "joy" of another year at school and 30 million, I'd prolly choose 30 million
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Locker has been making terrible football choices since he was a SR in HS. First choosing to play at crappy UW over UO or SC, then passing up being a sure fire top 10 pick. Now they are saying he could be a 2nd round pick.
Supreme
Four Star Recruit

Post by Supreme »

Biggus Duckus wrote:
Bumi wrote:Some of you thought I was crazy, but I predicted he'd leave around mid season. He has nothing left to prove, and there's not much else he can do to improve his draft stock. I think Lache will be a fine replacement though. I see he and Barner will be the feature backs next season.
Woo good job you guessed one way or another on a 50/50 chance several weeks ago. You sound like you're gloating about it but there has been no resolution, so I don't know what to think.
Thanks.
Remember, remember, the Fifth of November, the Gunpowder Treason and Plot. I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot... But what of the man? I know his name was Guy Fawkes and I know, in 1605, he attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament. But who was he really? What was he like? We are told to remember the idea, not the man, because a man can fail. He can be caught, he can be killed and forgotten, but 400 years later, an idea can still change the world. I've witnessed first hand the power of ideas. I've seen people kill in the name of them, and die defending them. But you cannot kiss an idea; cannot touch it, or hold it. Ideas do not bleed, they do not feel pain, they do not love... And it is not an idea that I miss //////// Follow me one Tumblr/blog http://f***-kp.tumblr.com/
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Bumi wrote:Some of you thought I was crazy, but I predicted he'd leave around mid season. He has nothing left to prove, and there's not much else he can do to improve his draft stock. I think Lache will be a fine replacement though. I see he and Barner will be the feature backs next season.
I still think you are crazy.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

He only needs 40 yards to break J. Stew's single season school rushing record
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

A few things to consider:
-LMJ is not going to be earning 5/mil his rookie year
-the new CBA is going to decrease rookie contracts severely (all signs indicate this will happen)
-as talented as he is, he's a 2/3 round pick right now which means even less $

The Michael will be here next season.
RuhlandAsherBestEver
Three Star Recruit

Post by RuhlandAsherBestEver »

He was talking the other day about how excited he is for track season.
That would lead me to believe at least one more year. He is not a 1st
round pick IMO as he would primarily be a 3rd down back in the NFL.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

RuhlandAsherBestEver wrote:He was talking the other day about how excited he is for track season.
That would lead me to believe at least one more year. He is not a 1st
round pick IMO as he would primarily be a 3rd down back in the NFL.
I heard that track statement also so I doubt he's thinking of the NFL Draft right now. Things could change but I think he likes playing for Oregon enough to stick out another year.