OT: Roy only has 1-2 years left.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

OT: Roy only has 1-2 years left.

Post by buckmarkduck »

According to this article, the Dr is saying he only has 1-2 years left to play. This is sad for a guy who, when healthy, is an all star player and arguably top 10 in the NBA. Of course the facts seem to be coming from John Clowzano, and we all know how he likes to make up stuff. Remember when he said Masoli tore his ACL and was done.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/ ... ft/related
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: OT: Roy only has 1-2 years left.

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Pretty horrible. But honestly, this doesn't surprise me a whole lot. Roy started declining BIG time midway through last season. It was obvious his knees were bothering him. It just sucks that he might not be able to play for much longer, tough.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Well, hooray for potential cap relief down the line, I guess.
ImageImageImageImageImage
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

It would be better for us if he has to retire in a year or two due to a "career ending injury" than if he is on-and-off the court for the rest of the contract. Then again, he could Darius Miles us an come back..I hope Roy just defies the odds, though I'm not expecting it at all.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Thank God for Wes Matthews. And LA becoming a beast. Hopefully Roy can accept his role & just be an amazing 6th man for the next few years.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I think w/o any knees that he could model his game after Dre and learn to be more of a facilitator and switch to PG. Granted, its a different change of pace from Roy's iso game but if he himself wants to see all of that contract - he's not going to do it playing at the 2 spot.

- He can pick and roll with LA
- He can post up most guards
- He can hit the 3 out of this offense that is desperately missing from Dre
- With Wes and Nic on the wings, his lack of defense won't be so glaring.

Basically, Brandon needs to start playing like an old man and rely on playing a team game now. The offense doesn't stall as much anymore now that LA has been forced to assert himself in the post so if Brandon can make that type of change and be able to hit the outside shot is my being a crazy optimist for Portland. Crazy to think that there are rumors of a Jordan comeback in comparison to Brandon though.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Thank God for Wes Matthews. And LA becoming a beast. Hopefully Roy can accept his role & just be an amazing 6th man for the next few years.
Probably the best signing the team could have made now that we know BRoy isn't going to be the player he once was. It does suck that his playing career is going to be shortchanged from what we saw early in his career.