GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: Jamil Wilson to OREGON

Post by dd10snoop28 »

PG:Sim/Porter
SG:Longmire/Humphrey
SF:Wilson/Wiley
PF:Crittle/Jacob
C:Dunigan/Catron

Teondre is a project and hopefully he'll develop into a solid role player for us. Brown just isn't the right player for us, and I don't think he should be getting that many minutes next year.

I really like that lineup there.

I don't know how you can have Catron as a starter. He's a solid bench player, nothing more.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

Another question to ask is who Red-shirts?

Williams and EJ?
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

briarduck wrote:Another question to ask is who Red-shirts?

Williams and EJ?
I wish Williams could've redshirted this season, now we have too many SG type players.

But yeah, I think that's reasonable with EJ and Williams reshirting, but I think that EJ could make an immediate impact. We'll see
roth
One Star Recruit

Post by roth »

I totally agree with dd10snoop28. Catron is nothing more then a decent bench player I just don't think kent will actually bench catron which sucks
stewbertwilloughby
Five Star Recruit

Post by stewbertwilloughby »

I agree with the thought on Catron. I think in the last couple of games Crittle really showed what he can do, and all of this as a freshman. I think Crittle could overtake Catron over the summer, but Ernie just might play the senior card on this one.
GO DUCKS!
roth
One Star Recruit

Post by roth »

just to prove my point on catron

Stats in the city of Los Angeles

@ USC 0-6 0 points
@ UCLA 0-5 0 points
Pac-10 Tourny 2-6 4 points

So in a span of 3 days Catron went 2 foor 17 with 4 points and 5 personal fouls in the three games combined

Look I know everyone goes through cold streaks but that is just ridiculous Wilson must start over him.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

roth wrote:just to prove my point on catron

Stats in the city of Los Angeles

@ USC 0-6 0 points
@ UCLA 0-5 0 points
Pac-10 Tourny 2-6 4 points

So in a span of 3 days Catron went 2 foor 17 with 4 points and 5 personal fouls in the three games combined

Look I know everyone goes through cold streaks but that is just ridiculous Wilson must start over him.

I agree. Catron regressed this year. It would have been one thing if he were a freshman, but this was his junior year.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Catron is a good energy guy off the bench. I love his post moves and big man drives, but the guy is too short to play the 4 and his outside game isn't good enough to play the 3. He's a tweener and that's why he struggles so much with consistency. He would have to improve his outside game drastically this offseason to have a decent year next season. The good thing is there is a ton of room for improvement and this season should have given guys an idea of what they need to work on.

Dunigan - His handles and post moves. He isn't even as good defensively as I expected based on what I had heard. He is frequently in foul trouble in a matter of minutes. He has a ton to work on. Lots of upside though.

Catron - Like I said earlier...outside game needs a ton of work. I think he was more effective before he lost all the weight because he had more strength inside, but that's just my opinion. I'm not going to get down on him for working hard and becoming more fit over the offseason.

Humphrey - Getting to the hoop...driving into the lanes. He seems content to just sit on the perimeter right now and take the occasional 3. He needs to be a little more aggressive getting to the hoop in my opinion.

Crittle - Needs work on his post moves. Has great energy, but his defense is a bit shoddy as well. Lots to improve upon.

Longmire - Needs to gain consistency. Was great in spurts this season, really improved his outside game. I'm happy with the strides he made last offseason. Hopefully he can continue to improve in that regard.

Porter - Decision making is probably his biggest issue. Can't blame him for wanting to take the game into his hands at times. Young team and they often seemed willing to stand around and wait for him to make something happen. I expect a big year from him next year.

Sim - Decision making is big with him. Honestly he didn't impress me this year. I see a lot of people penciling him in as a starter next year, but I don't see it. Brown showed me more than Sim this year, but that's just my opinion. Sim's shooting was inconsistent and he made a bunch of silly mistakes, but then again that can be said about the whole team this year.

Brown - I liked what I saw from him this year. I think he needs to be more aggressive at times. He seems timid and will often pass it away on his drives when it seems like he could get a good look at a lay-in. Maybe it's just me that sees that, but I liked what I saw from him in terms of defensive intensity, and such. Obviously his shooting can improve as well.

Wiley - Defensively needs much improvement. Needs to improve on getting to the basket and creating shots for himself, but his shooting was great the last couple weeks of the season.

Williams - Needs lots of work on his outside game. Great athlete with crazy hops, but it wouldn't hurt to redshirt him as some have suggested.

All in all I'm excited about next season for a few reasons. Obviously I expect significant improvement, but I think the guys coming in give us a big upgrade on the guys leaving. I don't want to bag on Odia, because he seems like a hard worker and good guy, but he really was disappointment given the hype around him when he signed. I cringed every time he shot a 3, and he really just was average at about every aspect of the game. He didn't make many mistakes which is one thing I will commend him on. Obviously Dorsainvil was about useless. Voogd never did anything anyway. They are replacing those 3 mediocre players with 3 promising young guys. That just provides that much more depth for next season. Now my rambling is over for all 2 1/2 people that read it all. :shock: