Opinions: When is EK let go and which recruits do we lose?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Re: Opinions: When is EK let go and which recruits do we lose?

Post by maxduck »

Few does more with less? A quick glance at the Scout ratings for the past several years shows Gonzaga with 3 4* players on this years roster, (Heytvelt, Bolden, and Daye).

Oregon has one (Dunigan).
ducksin2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducksin2010 »

They did beat UCONN last year. That is only impressive if you think of them as UCONN this year. They were the 17th ranked team and lost to San Diego, Providence, West Virginia, ND, and so on.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

They played at UCONN this year & lost by only two, I think. I personally think we could get a higher profile coach than Few but at the same time, anything is better than Spin Master Kent.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Anyone watching the pac-10 tournament? Kent is actually decent as an analyst. :lol: Maybe he has found a new gig.
roth
One Star Recruit

Post by roth »

I am actually not even 100% we will lose wilson but we need kent gone
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Really the only reason I throw Few out there is because I think he would be a big enough name that we wouldn't lose any recruits or transfers (though after this I'm not so sure a few of these guys leaving would be a bad thing). Name a big name coach we can get here? I'm open I just want a smooth transition and a coach who coaches D but likes to get out and run when it's there, he must also have a offense for half court though also. Please don't bring any Bennett ball to Eugene except on D. Tubby Smith might be good, though I would pass on Alfred (sp) who I think is a major underachiever.

1 more thing the coach has to build good relationships with the coaches in Portland unlike EK who has alienated those coaches and players. I'm not saying he has to land every big name recruit in Oregon but really a coach could built a top 5 in the Pac-10 team with 6-7 players on the team from Oregon and 2-3 from Cali and the rest of the team from around the rest of the Country. Unlike football a team at UO or OS can be very successful landing the best in-state kids year in and year out. Oregon does produce 3-5 top level D1 players a year it's just landing those kids and a new state of the art arena will go a long way in helping do just that.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Boom wrote:Oregon hoops could significantly regress.
Regress from 2-16 and 8 total wins??? I would like to see that.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

roth wrote:I am actually not even 100% we will lose wilson but we need kent gone
Wilson stated that one of the reasons he chose the Ducks was his bond with the Midwest kids. I honestly believe we keep all those guys (Wilson, Dunigan, Catron, Porter, Humphrey) not matter what happens.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

We might not lose anyone. I don't think I have heard any of the players stick up for Kent and publicly say that they hope he comes back. I have heard "whatever happens happens", "we are all on the hot seat", etc. Honestly, I'm not sure that the players would be too upset if a change was made.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

Lets hope you are right 99, it sounds from the last article that the players expect a change and I hope we don't lose anyone significant because EK has to go! PK worried me a few weeks back when he suggested that he understood EKs position and it was okay, now it would appear (MB on his way in) that this is PK last job to do!

BTW way we need to revamp the entire coaching staff not just EK...yes there is one or two to keep but my God we have no idea how to develop players!

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

briarduck wrote:Lets hope you are right 99, it sounds from the last article that the players expect a change and I hope we don't lose anyone significant because EK has to go! PK worried me a few weeks back when he suggested that he understood EKs position and it was okay, now it would appear (MB on his way in) that this is PK last job to do!

BTW way we need to revamp the entire coaching staff not just EK...yes there is one or two to keep but my God we have no idea how to develop players!

GO DUCKS!!

I agree. Assistant coaches are very important. We just don't see their impact in basketball like we do in football.