Question ~ Ramifications if Snoop had stayed

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Re: Question ~ Ramifications if Snoop had stayed

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Phenom wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:
Phenom wrote:1. Blount wouldn't have come.

2. Stewart would've gone in the top 10 if he had a season similar to last years.

3. We would've gone 11-1. It was not Blount's fault we lost any of those games, but J-Stew is on another level and would've put us over the top, IMO.
Good points......but if he would have stayed, we would be in a tight spot for 09. Our backup guys are going to step up, but I think it would have been difficult to drop the whole running game on their shoulders for 09 because we wouldn't have had Blount. Blount gives us the cushion.
Very true...Blount is an amazing player and does give us that cushion, like you said.
That vid of yours gives me a chill. Woo!
ducksball
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksball »

It would have been interesting if Snoop stayed. I think we would have had maybe one more win (BSU). It def would have been a more calm, relaxed season rather than the crazy up and down one it was...buy hey its more fun that way :D
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

It's hard to play the "what-if" game. For all we know Blount wouldn't have come, J-Stew would've gotten hurt and we would have won 6 games and lost in the Las Vegas Bowl. I've got no problem with the way things worked out!
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

alabamaduck wrote:It's hard to play the "what-if" game. For all we know Blount wouldn't have come, J-Stew would've gotten hurt and we would have won 6 games and lost in the Las Vegas Bowl. I've got no problem with the way things worked out!
Indeed!! Sets us up nicely for 2009.
Penky26
Four Star Recruit

Post by Penky26 »

I agree with having no complaints about this year but my guesses are that Blount wouldnt have come, Snoop would have had another big year and been one of the top 2-3 backs in the draft.

The guy who would have been hurt in this would have been JJ. I think he would certainly not had the year he did and would be a late pick in the draft
addictedtoquack
Three Star Recruit

Post by addictedtoquack »

woundedknees wrote:I believe the early season transition may have been smoother, but the overall season may not have turned out much different, with the possible exception of the BSU game. (IMO, they wouldn't have had any safeties left standing by the end of the game...)

Can you imagine how daunting it would be having to tackle JStew, JJ, and Blount all day long?
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

addictedtoquack wrote:
woundedknees wrote:I believe the early season transition may have been smoother, but the overall season may not have turned out much different, with the possible exception of the BSU game. (IMO, they wouldn't have had any safeties left standing by the end of the game...)

Can you imagine how daunting it would be having to tackle JStew, JJ, and Blount all day long?
lol Like use J.Stewart and JJ from 1-3 quarter then 4th quarter fresh Leg blount pound through tired defense.