Calling it early; Singler > Moser

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Calling it early; Singler > Moser

Post by buckmarkduck »

Yep Ej again with a great game but really SM had a very young inexperienced team that Ej and Mitch Singler had to carry and without a 3rd scorer teams just double and triple Ej and dare someone else to win it. Today no one else could. I think Ej finished with 26 and 13 oh and a very impressive 9 assists.

It will be interesting to see what EK does with him next year, though I wouldn't be surprised to see him RS and give him a year to put on some bulk. Remeber AD Smith was RS and by the time he was a SR he was a stud for UO. I've talked with his coach (Murphy) and he told me right now Ej is closer to 6'7 and that Kyle put on 35lbs between his FR year and SO year at Duke. So if Ej can put on the same type of weight 20-30lbs that would put him around 6'7 230 as a RsFR and that would help him allot allowing him to play either 3 or 4 for UO.

One thing is clear though, Ej is much further along right now than Wiley was as a HS SR and he might even be better right now than Wiley.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

I've also seen Moser play before at AAU tourney's. He's good, but I wasn't impressed all that much with him.

I think Singler will be good(not great), but I really think that Moser will be a bust at UCLA. And I'm not just saying that cuz he didn't come to Oregon. This is based on me watching games of his. If I were a coach I would prefer Singler over Moser.
Mops
Four Star Recruit

Post by Mops »

The tournament was in portland and had three teams from oregon(I-5 elite, Portland Legands, and Team Jones), two from washington(NW Panthers who had abdul gaddy and sg who escapes me but was a top 100 sg, Seattle rotary who had peyton silva(UL signee) and josh smith(top 2010 recruit) one cali team, team reebok, and a team from Georgia who had 4 guys all in the top 100.

The talent was insane.
Mops
Four Star Recruit

Post by Mops »

I don't think Moser is going to be a bust. No way. I think he's going to be a top 30 player eventually at UCLA. However I don't see him being a guy that night in and night out can score 20 and you need to worry about him or else he will light you up. He's not that type of player.

I see him replacing Alfred Aboya's role on UCLA's team. Play great defense, be a great rebounder, finish around the basket, and team player. He's got a better game than Aboya in my eyes but I see them playing the same role. Moser will bring more offense and score a few more a game.
Boom
All Pac-12
GM: Houston Rockets

Post by Boom »

Can you imagine the teams Oregon would have if we were able to keep are best kids from leaving the state.........
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

Boom wrote:Can you imagine the teams Oregon would have if we were able to keep are best kids from leaving the state.........
Yeah...but by that logic St. Johns, Seton Hall and Rutgers would be national powerhouses
ducksball
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksball »

The state tourney this year should be pretty fun. With Singler, Moser and some nice young athletes its gonna be cool. Jesuit is gonna win IMO.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Grant won tonight but Moser finished 1-6 from the field with 9 points 7-10 FT. Again not saying that Singler is better, or Moser is better, just that they are much closer than some want to admit.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Mops wrote:I don't think Moser is going to be a bust. No way. I think he's going to be a top 30 player eventually at UCLA. However I don't see him being a guy that night in and night out can score 20 and you need to worry about him or else he will light you up. He's not that type of player.

I see him replacing Alfred Aboya's role on UCLA's team. Play great defense, be a great rebounder, finish around the basket, and team player. He's got a better game than Aboya in my eyes but I see them playing the same role. Moser will bring more offense and score a few more a game.
I don't think an Aboya type role will land you a top 30 player at UCLA. :lol:

He had a total of 8 points in the last game against a weak team in the oregon state tourney.

Sorry, but I really don't think he is that special offensively at all.

He's 6-7, a little too small for a PF. Doesn't possess the game to play as a big man. Small Forward will be his position, but I think he will be a defensive-minded player. Long-arms, very good 1-on-1 defender.

Maybe not a "bust", but I do think that he is over hyped.
TTownDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by TTownDuck »

Moser had a brutal tournament.

I think EJ will help us, but he'll probably be a bench guy his whole career. Good shooter. If anything, I love his style of play; he doesn't board as well as he does just because he's 6-6 in HS, he boards as well as he does because he busts his ass on the glass. That always translates to the next level.
duckz
Two Star Recruit

Post by duckz »

TTownDuck wrote:Moser had a brutal tournament.

I think EJ will help us, but he'll probably be a bench guy his whole career. Good shooter. If anything, I love his style of play; he doesn't board as well as he does just because he's 6-6 in HS, he boards as well as he does because he busts his ass on the glass. That always translates to the next level.

I think that your quote collapses on itself.

* guys that are "good" shooters and "busts his (their) ass on the glass" do not end up as ....."a bench guy his whole career."

I agree: He is a good shooter. He is a good rebounder. He will start at sometime in his career, likely by his junior yr if not sooner.

It would be a luxury if we could have a bench player with his quality, I just doubt it.
Mops
Four Star Recruit

Post by Mops »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
Mops wrote:I don't think Moser is going to be a bust. No way. I think he's going to be a top 30 player eventually at UCLA. However I don't see him being a guy that night in and night out can score 20 and you need to worry about him or else he will light you up. He's not that type of player.

I don't think an Aboya type role will land you a top 30 player at UCLA. :lol:

He had a total of 8 points in the last game against a weak team in the oregon state tourney.

Sorry, but I really don't think he is that special offensively at all.

He's 6-7, a little too small for a PF. Doesn't possess the game to play as a big man. Small Forward will be his position, but I think he will be a defensive-minded player. Long-arms, very good 1-on-1 defender.

Maybe not a "bust", but I do think that he is over hyped.
I wasnt trying to say top 30 in UCLA history but top 30 in the pac-10 while he is playing. IE had he been playing now as a Junior or Senior I'd say he is top 30 in the league.
TTownDuck
One Star Recruit

Post by TTownDuck »

duckz wrote:
TTownDuck wrote:Moser had a brutal tournament.

I think that your quote collapses on itself.

* guys that are "good" shooters and "busts his (their) ass on the glass" do not end up as ....."a bench guy his whole career."

I agree: He is a good shooter. He is a good rebounder. He will start at sometime in his career, likely by his junior yr if not sooner.

It would be a luxury if we could have a bench player with his quality, I just doubt it.

I see what you're saying, but I was going for more of a "EJ's a tremendous hustle player" post, ie he'll be a quality option off the bench. He's got another SF in his class that will start over him (Jamil Wilson) for as long as Jamil's on campus.

Of course, it's difficult to forecast the next four years. Jamil could leave for the NBA after 3, and EJ could be the best option to start his final year.
fanoftherain
One Star Recruit

Post by fanoftherain »

Dunno about Singler being better than Moser, but I do think Singler will bring a blood and guts mental aspect which is badly needed on this team.