Jim Mora Jr to UCLA...

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Jim Mora Jr to UCLA...

Post by woundedknees »

“As someone who has been around the game of football my entire life, I have always held the UCLA job in the highest esteem,” said Mora. “Given its location and its tradition, UCLA is truly a sleeping giant and I realize that an opportunity of this magnitude doesn’t present itself more than once in a career, so I jumped at the chance to be a Bruin.”

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-footba ... z1gBj41w2I

What say you?

Seems like more than ASU has accomplished ;)!
Last edited by woundedknees on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Jim Mora Jr to UCLA...

Post by karlhungis »

Well, it will be tough for ASU to top any of the other hires at this point.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Possibly not a bad hire. He's really going to have get some guys that know recruiting and the college game. I have a feeling he's just using this job to get another NFL gig.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Mora us a ARSEHOLE….just saying.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

If I'm grading the P12 hires, obviously RR and Leach are both A+ hires for UA and WSU. Anybody think both those teams aren't Top 15/20 next year in total O?

As for UCLA/Mora, I'm giving it a C. I'm not grading them down for not getting CP, that wasn't going to happen anyways but more often than not, pro coaches don't work out in college and with his brash personality, he's got to show that he can conform to the college game first. He certainly knows football, no doubt at that, but there is a reason why NFL teams have stayed away from him too. Its one thing to know the game, another to teach it. That said, bringing in a defensive coach isn't a bad choice, so long as he implements a system that shows he can again conform to the college restraints/rules.

ASU - They don't have a clue...
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I would be surprised if RR is somehow able to implement a top 15 offense in his first year at Arizona.
OregonFan4life -
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

karlhungis wrote:I would be surprised if RR is somehow able to implement a top 15 offense in his first year at Arizona.
I don't think they'll have a high scoring O, but I think they'll move the ball and I'm sure RR is already getting a soft schedule put in place too. It all comes down to whether Matt Scott stays healthy imo.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

JM2=Lame Kitten, without Kitten1 and without the USC athletes?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Duck07 wrote:
karlhungis wrote:I would be surprised if RR is somehow able to implement a top 15 offense in his first year at Arizona.
I don't think they'll have a high scoring O, but I think they'll move the ball and I'm sure RR is already getting a soft schedule put in place too. It all comes down to whether Matt Scott stays healthy imo.
A soft schedule at Arizona is nothing new. Unless they plan on stepping down from the competition that their brutal rivalry with Northern Arizona provides.
OregonFan4life -
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

karlhungis wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
A soft schedule at Arizona is nothing new. Unless they plan on stepping down from the competition that their brutal rivalry with Northern Arizona provides.
Certainly, but I was never a fan of redface in part because I never thought his team was always prepared week to week. Year 1 means all the DC's will be a step behind, too.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

UCLA won't be anything special with Mora. Not too worried.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Biggus Duckus wrote:The Leach hire would garner an A+ from me, but not the RR hire. I would call the RR hire a solid B simply because he's a guy that comes with baggage, and he's definitely not known for being a player's coach

Interesting since Leach was the one that was fired for locking a player in a utility closet. Seems like they both have baggage to me.
OregonFan4life -