Buckeye's Ruling expected soon

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Re: Buckeye's Ruling expected soon

Post by woundedknees »

Somehow, having a coach lie to and lead on the administration, as well as the conference commissioner, and the BCS, seems to smell very much like LOIC, but what do I know?

Maybe if I had been up to my neck in the allegations at a major D-1 football program before working for the NCAA infractions committee, I could understand how these things are done.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

L Perry
Four Star Recruit

Post by L Perry »

woundedknees wrote:Somehow, having a coach lie to and lead on the administration, as well as the conference commissioner, and the BCS, seems to smell very much like LOIC, but what do I know?

Maybe if I had been up to my neck in the allegations at a major D-1 football program before working for the NCAA infractions committee, I could understand how these things are done.
Yeah, kinda baffles the mind!
Probae esti in segetem sunt deteriorem datae fruges, tamen ipsae suaptae enitent
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Well you are wrong in the amount of lost schollies, it is 9 TOTAL!
I don’t think I’m wrong….maybe where you are getting confused is that they are adding to what Ohio State self-imposed. Ohio State still has to follow their self-imposed sanctions…they can’t go back and say “Oh..you are cool with 3…ok great we can forget about the 5 that we were going to give up.”
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Bud Lee wrote:
I don’t think I’m wrong….maybe where you are getting confused is that they are adding to what Ohio State self-imposed. Ohio State still has to follow their self-imposed sanctions…they can’t go back and say “Oh..you are cool with 3…ok great we can forget about the 5 that we were going to give up.”
The new penalty is as follows:

Reduction of football scholarships from 85 to 82 for each of the 2012-13, 2013-14 and 2014-15 academic years. This is an increase from the university’s proposal of five initial scholarships spread over three academic years.

The reduction in scholarships doesn't necessarily mean that the Buckeyes must take a smaller class. Remember, the NCAA isn't limiting the size of the recruiting class. It is only limiting the total number of scholarship players the Buckeyes may have on their roster come August. In fact, Ohio State could still take the class it planned to take; it would just need to get rid of more upperclassmen.

http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2 ... -sanctions

So the NCAA took away an additional 4 scholarships from the schools proposal.

The NCAA punishments, vs. what Ohio State had recommended or instituted:
Against Ohio State
• No postseason play in 2012 season
• Probation through Dec. 19, 2014. (OSU had recommended a period to end in July 2013.)
9 fewer scholarships, with three cut each year through 2014-15. (Ohio State had recommended a loss of five scholarships over that span.) Without a penalty, Ohio State would have a total of 85.
• Vacating all wins in 2010 season, including Big Ten co-championship and Sugar Bowl victory. (Already done proactively by OSU.)
• Forfeiting $338,811 from 2011 Sugar Bowl. (Already done by OSU.)
• Must disassociate booster Bobby DiGeronimo from athletic program for 10 years. (Already done.)
• Must disassociate former quarterback Terrelle Pryor from athletic program for five years. (Already done.)
Against Jim Tressel
• Suspension if hired by a college before Dec. 19, 2016, from five regular-season games and any bowl or championship game.
• Extra supervision if hired during “show cause” period. New employer must report how it will monitor Tressel and file reports every six months about those efforts

http://www.buckeyextra.com/content/stor ... lties.html
L Perry
Four Star Recruit

Post by L Perry »

Bud Lee wrote:
Hmm, really. Since you did not follow the link I provided, nor pay any attention to my response to 'maxduck', I guess his posting of the pertinent info should clear it up for you.
Probae esti in segetem sunt deteriorem datae fruges, tamen ipsae suaptae enitent
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

L Perry wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:
Hmm, really. Since you did not follow the link I provided, nor pay any attention to my response to 'maxduck', I guess his posting of the pertinent info should clear it up for you.

my b...I kept hearing them say 27 scollies were lost on the radio all day that day...I must of heard wrong