Matt Barkley set to announce

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

about one o'clock today whether he will enter the draft.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... fl-draft/1
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Matt Barkley set to announce

Post by karlhungis »

At least he doesn't have an ego.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Take the paycheck Matt!
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

I think he stays. He may regret it with Matt Kalil no longer protecting his blindside but I just get the impression he stays. I REALLY hope I am wrong though.
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

Duck24 wrote:I think he stays. He may regret it with Matt Kalil no longer protecting his blindside but I just get the impression he stays. I REALLY hope I am wrong though.
Agreed, feels like he is staying...
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I do want another shot at beating him, though.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

It's obvious he's going to stay if you take a look at the press conference room. Gag me. http://www.whosay.com/uscathletics/photos/108583

FYI ~

DraftCountdown Scott Wright
Matt Barkley only stands to gain $2.5 million by going from #5 in '12 to #1 in '13. If he drops from #5 to #10 that is a $7.5 million loss.

----------------

Explain something to me. Why has the media projected them as National Championship title game winners AND Barkley as the Heisman? What the hell is wrong with these people?
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

MFRDuckFan wrote:It's obvious he's going to stay if you take a look at the press conference room. Gag me. http://www.whosay.com/uscathletics/photos/108583

FYI ~

DraftCountdown Scott Wright
Matt Barkley only stands to gain $2.5 million by going from #5 in '12 to #1 in '13. If he drops from #5 to #10 that is a $7.5 million loss.

----------------

Explain something to me. Why has the media projected them as National Championship title game winners AND Barkley as the Heisman? What the hell is wrong with these people?
That room is a good example of massaging one's own ego.

Autoerotica at it's peak.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I want some of what they're smoking. Makes you delusional and arrogant. Yes!
Quack_12
Four Star Recruit

Post by Quack_12 »

Kid is gunna stay wow.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Thank goodness the dog & pony show is over. Now the media frenzy will begin about him being the heisman candidate - blah, blah, blah. Can't wait for the Ducks to kick their a$$ in LA & at Autzen next year.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

MFRDuckFan wrote:Thank goodness the dog & pony show is over. Now the media frenzy will begin about him being the heisman candidate - blah, blah, blah. Can't wait for the Ducks to kick their a$$ in LA & at Autzen next year.
Yep. The real icing on the cake would be if LaMichael James came back!
John 3:36
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

SuperDuck wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:Thank goodness the dog & pony show is over. Now the media frenzy will begin about him being the heisman candidate - blah, blah, blah. Can't wait for the Ducks to kick their a$$ in LA & at Autzen next year.
Yep. The real icing on the cake would be if LaMichael James came back!
He isn't. I'd actually be disappointed if he came back since he's already graduated and running backs have such a short life span in the NFL.

Good for Barkley. He'll get his degree and have a chance to potentially compete for a national championship.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

USC-Oregon in the Pac-12 championship next year will be freaking epic.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Why does everyone say he has an ego? All successful QB have an "arrogance" and ego but we all make it seem like him out to be TO. Hell, DT's laughing at questions of a QB controversy shows some ego, so why haven't we made comments about his ego?

Even though he is the USC QB, you have to respect what he has done and is doing. He could have transferred at the first mention of sanctions and let the program burn to the ground around him and nobody on the outside would blame him. He spent two seasons there knowing full well he had nothing more to play for than pride and just now passed up NFL riches to play one more season with a bowl a actually a possibility.

I despise him because he is the USC QB but that's it. He is a great QB so him having a perceived ego is fine with me. And when we beat them twice next year, he can take his "ego" to the NFL.