Need input from Bud re LSU

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Need input from Bud re LSU

Post by maxduck »

rumor, and I emphasise rumor...

About 3 hours before the game T-Bob Hebert, Russell Shepard, 2 other receivers and a hand full of linemen got into a heated argument with Les Miles and the Offensive Coordinator about Lee getting more playing time and possibly starting the BCS Championship game. It got so heated that Miles benched T-Bob, RS, and 3 other players. He called Lee into his office and told Lee that he would not be playing in the game...

http://neworleansrising.wordpress.com/2 ... -lsu-lost/
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Need input from Bud re LSU

Post by karlhungis »

Man I was just about to post this very story. Seems crazy...
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Considering what T-Bob's Dad said after the game to Les, I'm inclined to believe it.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

even though that is a rumor. It does line up with how the game went.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

It's interesting that ESPN hasn't even mentioned it though. They don't mind running with most unsubstantiated stories, so I wonder why they are avoiding this one. This is one of the more interesting aspects of the National Championship game in my opinion.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

karlhungis wrote:It's interesting that ESPN hasn't even mentioned it though. They don't mind running with most unsubstantiated stories, so I wonder why they are avoiding this one. This is one of the more interesting aspects of the National Championship game in my opinion.
It sure is, but why would ESPN be interested in reporting on something like this after the fact? They aren't interested in honest journalism, just ad revenues. Sadly, the sports media world has gone the route of the news media world: picking and choosing what we should be concerned with. Hearing about Tom Brady getting skipped over in the draft for the 20,349th time is not part of what I consider good reporting.

The sooner we treat ESPN like Fox or CNN, the quicker we won't be bothered by their nonsense.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

Completely stupid of Les if true. I will never understand why he was so adamant in starting Jefferson. The dude was complete and utter garbage. I don't think i have ever seen a player more epitomize the
"athlete/RB trying to throw a football" stereotype.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Jarrett Lee as a frosh and soph was one of the worst college QBs ever but this year he was actually solid/good. He had a couple really bad 'flashback' throws against Bama the first game but other then that was pretty good. I'm surprised they benched him so easily when Jefferson came back
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

karlhungis wrote:It's interesting that ESPN hasn't even mentioned it though. They don't mind running with most unsubstantiated stories, so I wonder why they are avoiding this one. This is one of the more interesting aspects of the National Championship game in my opinion.
They didn’t mentioned anything about it because it is nothing more than internet blotter. Message board crap started by the anti-Les folks that would have him fired despite his success.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Like all internet rumors…here is what it is morphing into.
A note from a good friend in NO whose son works at a bar in Baton Rouge frequented by the football players.

Here is the latest news from my son who says he got this from Tyrann Mathieu and Ron Brooks. Most of what is going around the internet is true - at least the part about a team split in the locker room. But the split started much earlier than the BCS game and had to do with Jarrett Lee dating Les Miles' middle daughter. Something from the Lee/Miles daughter relationship got to the coach and ruined any chances of Lee ever playing. According to the two players LSU had almost no serious practices prior to coming to New Orleans and many players were already taking sides about how Miles was treating Lee. Most vocal were T-Bob Hebert and Russell Sheppard. Apparently all the emotions came to a head just before the game and the rift between others coaches, players and Miles widened to where Miles was going to call the only 4-5 plays the team was executing most of the game. At halftime it is told that even Jordan Jefferson went to Miles saying he wasn't going to get it done with the limited play selection and Lee should get a chance - Miles disagreed.

Assuming all this is accurate it is a damn shame that the players and coaches could not get their act together for a once in a lifetime opportunity (undefeated National Champions). The end result being made to look like a bunch of ill-prepared fools, losing a #1 national prospect to a loser school like Notre Dame and possibly other experienced players expected to contribute next season. No matter what the guy at the top has to shoulder the blame an if he was this petty he has some major problems ahead.
By the way…Les doesn't have a middle daughter. He has a 17-year-old who lives at a prep school in Florida and an 8-year-old. I'm quite sure if any grown man was dating either of them, he would be in jail now.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

http://profootball.scout.com/2/1150586.html

Above is a link to a really long article on Lee...he talks about the game and his career at LSU. If there was even a hint of truth to the rumors I’m sure he would of taken the opportunity to confirm them here.