Watched Burfict closely and came away fairly unimpressed

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Re: Watched Burfict closely and came away fairly unimpressed

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Burficts ankles are messed up right now, thats why he wasn't getting in to position to make fundamental tackles. You could tell he couldn't cut or put any kind of pressure on them. He's still ridiculously good & I would love to have the guy on my team. He's matured some.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Agreed, he didn't play his best in the Mizzou game. However, stone cold lock he will be drafted in 1st round. Book it!
airthomas
One Star Recruit

Post by airthomas »

UofDuck wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Don't kid yourselves, the kid will be a top 20 pick. Is he crazy? Sure, but you get him on a team with stud dline and he will dominate until he gets kicked out of the game.
Nobody in the NFL can live on raw talent alone. You HAVE to work hard. It is a profession. JaMarcus didn't and....
Michael Vick got the largest contract in NFL history with a terrible work ethic.

And yeah, I wasn't impressed with Burfict either, but he was injured for part of the game. I have been impressed with him his other two seasons. Probably just a bad game. He is definitely a blue chipper.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

bellsduck wrote:Agreed, he didn't play his best in the Mizzou game. However, stone cold lock he will be drafted in 1st round. Book it!
Agreed. I tend to disagree with most the comments here. No way does this guy go in the 2nd or 3rd round. He's the closest thing to Ray Lewis out of college since....Ray Lewis. He's an absolute stud. Yeah, he's a headcase and had an average game against Mizzu, but I've seen this guy play and I haven't seen a better LB in college over the last few years,
Black_and_Yellow
One Star Recruit

Post by Black_and_Yellow »

I think someone will draft the guy pretty high, but I think he is one of those guys you might be better off not getting. I've have few guys that will go and make a spectacular play and the very next play commit a stupid penalty to give the offense a first down. I think until he gets his head on straight you are taking a big risk with the guy.
ImageImageImage
AugustDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by AugustDuck »

I hope he leaves after this season.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Just today Ted Miller in his Pac vs Big 10 debate echoed my findings that Burfict did not play well and looked off. Mentioned ASU fans want more effort out of him and that he looked out of it during the game...

To small of a sampling yet this yer, but he needs to live up to the hype, or his stock will fall.
Last edited by UofDuck on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Raiders will take him....
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

bellsduck wrote:Agreed, he didn't play his best in the Mizzou game. However, stone cold lock he will be drafted in 1st round. Book it!
Not to be that guy who says I told you so, but yeah, I told you so. There were quite a few who claimed he was a first round "lock".... Nope

What a waste of talent, but you could see it early on this year, he was out of shape, a mental case, and lazy running to the ball. Things you CAN NOT be in the NFL.