Oregon vs LSU (NIT 1st Round)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

thomas time
Senior

Re: Oregon vs LSU (NIT 1st Round)

Post by thomas time »

Great game by the ducks tonight, unfortunately couldn't make the shots vs colorado, hopefully another strong performance vs Iowa.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Not just because of the game tonight, but I still feel like the ducks were an NCAA tournament team. I bet a lot of the committee didn't even see most of their games. I like seeing underdogs win and upsets in the tourny, but if the goal is to get the 68 best teams then they fail.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Let's hope Oregon keeps this up next game! Glad they get another home game! Random question, how does the NIT choose who gets to play at home?
I believe the highest seed gets the home court advantage. That is unless, the highest seeds facility is being used for other purposes (such as what happened with the Dayton/Iowa game).
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

Fun game, nice to see the team bounce back after the Pac-12 Tourney. The next game is Sunday @ 2 PM, and I hope more fans show up!

Going to miss the Maehl Man
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Strong win last night guys. I wish you luck the rest of the way. :D
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

ducksrock wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Let's hope Oregon keeps this up next game! Glad they get another home game! Random question, how does the NIT choose who gets to play at home?
I believe the highest seed gets the home court advantage. That is unless, the highest seeds facility is being used for other purposes (such as what happened with the Dayton/Iowa game).
This is what I was going to say too and I'm pretty sure that it's correct. They play at the home of the higher seed through the Quarterfinals and then the "Final Four" go to Madison Square Garden to play the Semifinals and Finals.

"If" we can beat Iowa at home, we'll then play the winner of Northwestern vs Washington. I'd have to give a slight edge to the Huskies because they're at home and have a chip on their shoulder from not making the NCAA Tourney.

Still, Northwestern has played that tough Big-10 schedule (Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Iowa, etc) and won't be intimidated at all by UW.

Since UW is the #1 seed in our bracket, if they win then the winner of Oregon vs Iowa would play them in Seattle. However, since Dayton (the #2 seed) lost, if the Ducks win and UW loses, Oregon would host Northwestern.

Everyone feel free to check my figures. Isn't that right?
John 3:36
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

According to everything that I have read, that is correct.

Iowa had a home game due to the conflict of schedule at higher seed Dayton's arena.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Post by goducks75 »

TheMaehlMan wrote:Fun game, nice to see the team bounce back after the Pac-12 Tourney. The next game is Sunday @ 2 PM, and I hope more fans show up!
May be lacking attendance-wise from the students as finals start on Monday but fortunately my only final isn't until Thursday so I'll more than likely be there.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I think finals week is way overblown in terms of its effects on attendance. Depending on how many finals the typical student has the next day, taking a couple hours out of their day won't really hurt. With the Iowa game being in the afternoon, it still gives someone time to do any last minute studying at night.
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

goducks75 wrote:
TheMaehlMan wrote:Fun game, nice to see the team bounce back after the Pac-12 Tourney. The next game is Sunday @ 2 PM, and I hope more fans show up!
May be lacking attendance-wise from the students as finals start on Monday but fortunately my only final isn't until Thursday so I'll more than likely be there.
Some might not show, but everyone I talked with said they would be going anyways. I'm a student, and I view the basketball game as a break from studying, but I don't study all day right before a final either. If it was at like 6 PM, then I could see it being more of a problem.

Going to miss the Maehl Man