Huskies Are Crushing Northwestern

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

Huskies Are Crushing Northwestern

Post by SuperDuck »

As I write this, Washington is up 52-36 over Northwestern with around 14:30 left in the game. The winner of this game plays the winner of Oregon vs Iowa Sunday, but if UW wins they'll have home court advantage.

Come on Northwestern!!!!!!!!

By the way, it doesn't seem right that they're playing two days before our game, does it?
John 3:36
cordy02c
Senior

Re: Huskies Are Crushing Northwestern

Post by cordy02c »

wer are playing sunday because oregon is running the ncaa games in portland
TheMaehlMan
Junior

Post by TheMaehlMan »

I realize that rooting against Washington is a must for us Duck fans, but I like having the opportunity for the Ducks to knock them out. Oregon has to take care of business though, Iowa is a solid team with good wins on their resume...

It sounds like MKA should be much more packed than it was on Tuesday by the way.

Going to miss the Maehl Man
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Proves two things. The big 10 was way overrated and the PAC 12 isn't near as bad as the east coast media loved to say.
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

Couldn't the NIT spread out the Pac schools a little bit? We shouldn't run into the same conference until at least the the semi finals.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

frogsnouts wrote:Couldn't the NIT spread out the Pac schools a little bit? We shouldn't run into the same conference until at least the the semi finals.
Well, I agree that it makes sense to do so, however all four Pac-12 NIT teams were seeded either #1(UW & UA) or #3(UO & Stanford) and it may have been difficult to separate them into four different brackets and still give them a home game in the first round.

Of course, I have no idea what kind of formula the NIT uses, that's just my first thought.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:Proves two things. The big 10 was way overrated and the PAC 12 isn't near as bad as the east coast media loved to say.
I'd say it's too early to tell either way. Northwestern lost and Michigan lost in the NCAA to Ohio, but Cal got spanked by USF in the NCAA and #1 seeded Arizona got whooped by #8 seeded Bucknell in the NIT.

I'd say that the Pac-12 IS having a down year, but with a couple breaks, UO and UW could have easily made the NCAA Tourney.

On the other hand, we'll have to see how the rest of the Big-10 fares before we can really make a judgment call. Iowa (NIT) and Michigan State, Ohio State, Wisconsin & Indiana (any more?) are all still alive in the NCAA Tourney. If they get 2-3 teams into the Sweet 16 and at least one into the Elite Eight or Final Four, I'd have to say that the Big-10 was pretty good this year.

This is what I love about NCAA Basketball. Rather than all the "talk", like College Football (Are You Reading This, Mark May!?) they actually go out and settle it on the court.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Bucknel won the patriot regular season but lost to Lehigh in the conference tourney, who looked pretty good yesterday.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

i don't think the pac-12 champion beating the big 11 #7 or #8 seed at home proves the big 10 is overrated, personally.
ImageImageImageImageImage