Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UofDuck
Senior

Re: College Football Live: 2012 Top 25

Post by UofDuck »

Bud Lee wrote:
UofDuck wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:
Kimber45 wrote:Kidding aside, how do you think Mettenberger will fare this year?
I think he is going to have a great year…I’m biased of course…but the coaches seem to be very confident in the kid. He has proven himself in JUCO and has the arm strength and presence that we have not had since Matt Flynn. I can’t wait to see him perform in the opener.
These wouldn't be the same coaches that were confident in JJ would they? JK :lol:

They were never confident in his passing, hence the option.
Can't let you off that easy Bud. Your coaches benched a solid QB because they had more confidence in JJ and thought he offered more. IMO, that was almost a criminal decisions as I think Lee would have lead you to the promised land.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Can't let you off that easy Bud. Your coaches benched a solid QB because they had more confidence in JJ and thought he offered more. IMO, that was almost a criminal decisions as I think Lee would have lead you to the promised land.
Exactly, the "more" that they thought he offered was a running attack. I didn’t say it was the right call, but despite his solid play against other teams earlier in the year, his ineffectiveness against Bama the first go around sealed Lee's fate when it came to playing them in the second go around.

Anyway, all water under the bridge. The hope with Mett is that they seem to be more willing to go deep with his arm were with JJ and Lee (for the most part) it was all short passes. Only time will tell what kind of QB Mett will be, but I wouldn’t expect this year’s offense to look like last years.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Kimber45 wrote:USC should roll through the South Division and has Oregon at home. Not sure they are #1, but somebody has to be.

Oregon top 10 material. Not sure about top 5.

Georgia is 5 spots too high.

I'd put OK State at 10-15 without even knowing who their QB is. They have come a long way in terms of talent and speed.

Notre Dame should be napalmed and not spoken of again.

Maybe Nebraska is a few spots low.

Stanford could be right at the 15 spot, but with stellar QB play this year, 10 seems reasonable.

Until someone can beat LSU and Bama, other than LSU and Bama, they should get top honors.

Ohio State is really difficult to place. Great coach, new system, not bowl eligible, 20 seems reasonable enough.
Kimber, that is a wierd avatar. It looks like a robot dry humping a washing machine. Wierd.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

RanDux wrote:
Kimber45 wrote:USC should roll through the South Division and has Oregon at home. Not sure they are #1, but somebody has to be.

Georgia is 5 spots too high.

I'd put OK State at 10-15 without even knowing who their QB is. They have come a long way in terms of talent and speed.

Notre Dame should be napalmed and not spoken of again.

Maybe Nebraska is a few spots low.

Stanford could be right at the 15 spot, but with stellar QB play this year, 10 seems reasonable.

Until someone can beat LSU and Bama, other than LSU and Bama, they should get top honors.

Ohio State is really difficult to place. Great coach, new system, not bowl eligible, 20 seems reasonable enough.
Kimber, that is a wierd avatar. It looks like a robot dry humping a washing machine. Wierd.

I don't think that is what it looks like....i think that is what it be.
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

Bud Lee wrote:
RanDux wrote:

I don't think that is what it looks like....i think that is what it be.
Bud, you aren't thinking of having his avatar moved to the 'off season hot girl(bots) thread now are you??? :o
Kimber45
Three Star Recruit

Post by Kimber45 »

RanDux wrote:Kimber, that is a wierd avatar. It looks like a robot dry humping a washing machine. Wierd.
Robot Chicken baby!
ducksvb6
Three Star Recruit

Post by ducksvb6 »

The College Football New preseason rankings are out. Duck #3 and USC #5. They aren't kind to the dogs, trees, beavers, or irish.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1184157.html