Olympics Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: Olympics Thread

Post by Tray Dub »

frogsnouts wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Ashton Eaton has won the gold medal! First Duck to win a gold medal in a while.
Yeeeeee! He's so dominant. Can't wait til rio.
I wonder if he will be able to repeat? Only one guy has ever repeated in the decathlon, so it would be a pretty sweet for an Oregon kid to be the first American to win it twice.
He's got a GREAT shot to. He'll be in his prime. He still has room to improve quite a lot (especially in the jav) which is just incredible. Eaton is just beginning the path to track legend. He's gonna have an amazing career.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Tray Dub wrote:
frogsnouts wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Ashton Eaton has won the gold medal! First Duck to win a gold medal in a while.
I wonder if he will be able to repeat? Only one guy has ever repeated in the decathlon, so it would be a pretty sweet for an Oregon kid to be the first American to win it twice.
He's got a GREAT shot to. He'll be in his prime. He still has room to improve quite a lot (especially in the jav) which is just incredible. Eaton is just beginning the path to track legend. He's gonna have an amazing career.
Yeah, I see no reason why not, he's a beast. Also nice to see Hardee get the silver. USA has been getting lots of multiple medals in track events this year.

But it's not coming from the men's 100, 200, and 400 like we would usually expect. It's coming from, long jump, triple jump, decathalon, etc.. Really sweet to be smashing in some other events outside of the typical sprinting ones.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

It was so cool to watch Ashton's final events on the big screen at the Tower Theater in Bend, the place was packed! It was also stated on the local news that there will be a parade in Bend in his honor. Stay posted!

Notice the plane that we flew on?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

frogsnouts wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
I'm sure you'd get Trey Hardee to say so. He was talking about how special it was for the two of them to go 1-2 and while Trey's excited about the future and how he's in his prime, he said he also knows Ashton is in his prime and that he's just going to blow up.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

Rupp finished 7th in the 5k.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Nike marketing at the Olympics. Guess who had the neon yellow first?! I think it was some football team out of Eugene, OR.

http://bottomline.nbcnews.com/_news/201 ... shoes?lite
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Won most Golds and most overall medals. Yes.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13