Kicked off the team

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Kicked off the team

Post by maxduck »

then reinstated the following day? What is happening in Seattle?

Two Washington football players who had been kicked off the team the day before were reinstated on Friday, UW coach Steve Sarkisian announced after the team's evening practice.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/h ... tated.html
Elduderino
Senior

Re: Kicked off the team

Post by Elduderino »

Iron fist disciplinarian.
AKA: CAgrown
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Elduderino wrote:Iron fist disciplinarian.
SEC-style disciplinarian.
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

Guys in SECOND country can now sarcastically say, PAC12 style discipline. SMH
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I wonder if he proposed to them...

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

greenyellow wrote:
Psssssh….puh-lease.

Name one kid that got kicked off a team in the SEC and then re-instated in the same season…ONE!!!

In addition, a dare you to come up with ONE PAC school that kicked off a Heisman finalist. Seesh man…

I always hear these little, “where do they think they are, in the SEC” jokes when sh*t like this goes down in other conference….strange thing is things like this never seem to happen in my conference…hmmmm. :?
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Bud Lee wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Psssssh….puh-lease.

Name one kid that got kicked off a team in the SEC and then re-instated in the same season…ONE!!!

In addition, a dare you to come up with ONE PAC school that kicked off a Heisman finalist. Seesh man…

I always hear these little, “where do they think they are, in the SEC” jokes when sh*t like this goes down in other conference….strange thing is things like this never seem to happen in my conference…hmmmm. :?
Lol, you're right. The SEC is the model of discipline and ethics.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

Good point, Bud.

I don't know if this is something to brag about. He earned his 3rd strike and was gone for the season either way. That, and what Heisman finalist is dumb enough to get kicked off the team (and for the same damn thing 3 times)?
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

I don't know if this is something to brag about. He earned his 3rd strike and was gone for the season either way. That, and what Heisman finalist is dumb enough to get kicked off the team (and for the same damn thing 3 times)?
Dude has demons, he is getting help, so I applaud that and hope the best for him.

I was not bragging per se, I was just saying that we do cut one lose when they are f'ing up. This could have been covered up, easily so. He was a favorite among players and coaches, I guarantee you if Less wanted to bury it he could of, but he didn’t. That is all I was trying to say.
Last edited by Bud Lee on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

karlhungis wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Psssssh….puh-lease.

Lol, you're right. The SEC is the model of discipline and ethics.

Some teams, yes they are. LSU has earned the reputation of a clean program with self-reporting and discipline, and it isn’t SEC programs that have been in hot water in the past few years, the PAC, BIG 10, and ACC have been where the hammer has been drooped of late with USC, Miami, PENN, Ohio State others getting in trouble. Name the last SEC school to get in trouble serious trouble… I’ll give you a hint, they wear crimson and white and they were the last team in the SEC to have a bowl ban…and that was a decade or some ago.

I’m not saying our players don’t get in trouble, but we discipline them just as any other school would.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Stephen Garcia getting suspended like 9 times before the boot, Florida LB having to suspend himself for eye gouge, Florida DE passing out in running car in road and getting suspended for opener against crap-town st. and getting suspension MOVED because of a hurricane, $cam newton drama, etc
uodux1212
Senior

Post by uodux1212 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Stephen Garcia getting suspended like 9 times before the boot, Florida LB having to suspend himself for eye gouge, Florida DE passing out in running car in road and getting suspended for opener against crap-town st. and getting suspension MOVED because of a hurricane, $cam newton drama, etc

Saint Riley did the same thing.

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Stephen Garcia getting suspended like 9 times before the boot, Florida LB having to suspend himself for eye gouge, Florida DE passing out in running car in road and getting suspended for opener against crap-town st. and getting suspension MOVED because of a hurricane, $cam newton drama, etc

Suspensions are not the same as being kicked off and then reinstated hmmm-kay. That was the topic of the thread and the subject base of the joke that I took offense to. I have thin skin :cry:

Second, $cam newton drama was just that drama, nothing was proven just like the mess with y'all and a certian recruiting agent was just drama.

Third, sh*t happens, I believe that y'all have had a history of alleged chokings (that was complete bullshite like the JJ case BTW), QB's that had sticky fingers, and CB that likie to smoke da weed and then speed.

My point was, is, and shall ever be that we always get the brunt of the jokes when we have not have a bowl ban or major penalty in what I think is a decade. In contrast, the PAC just had USC come off of a penalty for a pay to play, the ACC had the Miami on edge of getting the death penalty, and the BIG 10 had issues at PENN and "The" Ohio State.

Oh well…I guess that is what happens when your conference sends 5 different schools to the national title game since the creation of the BCS and they all represent well by winning 8 of the past 13 national championships and never losing to a non-SEC opponent. I’ll just grow some thicker skin. :D

I'll stop my SEC chest thumping now :lol:

So are y’ll ready for some football or WHAT!
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Post by Autzenoise »

I agree with 90% of what you say Bud, but I think the fact that you haven't had a major penalty or infraction in the last 10 years or so MAY play in to the hands of the people complaining.

The $cam thing didn't need proving because his father admitted, and the rules (before they were changed AFTER the incident) stated clearly that the actions of the parent on behalf of the student athlete were to be punished as if the student had done the action themselves. That rule was totally and completely abandoned and not followed through on. I understand that they decided that particular rule was unfair, but isn't it lucky for $cam that it was for him. I feel sorry for the kids that got punished for their parents actions because they weren't a high enough profile to have the rule changed for them.
"Canzano is to sports, what Jerry Springer is to news…"