USC before they meet Oregon

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

uodux1212
Senior

Re: USC before they meet Oregon

Post by uodux1212 »

It's incredibly difficult to beat a top team twice in one season. The winner of round 1 is going to have their work cut out for them in round 2 (if necessary).

But to answer the question I won't be actively rooting for SC but at the same time I won't be mad if they're undefeated when we roll into LA.

Going to be a great season!

"How do we go from nine to one?" - Chip Kelly

“Our expectations are to win every game we play." - CK
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

Braveheart wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
Braveheart wrote:What happens if USC loses a game (let's say Utah), but beats UO? Seems the consensus around here is that USC can't beat UO.
I don't get that feeling, personally. Some people may be more confident than others but if anyone honestly thinks that USC can't beat us in the Coliseum, they are ridiculously biased. We have a ton of potential but at the end of the day, that's all it is, potential. USC beat us at home last year so we've seen it happen already.
What I wrote was bait and in Jest. I know a handful of posters here that see the game (both squads healthy) 50-50.
No matter what side you're on, at this point it's all conjecture. Lets watch both teams play a few downs of football before making any rash statements. Having said that, I think the topic of this thread is based on the idea that Oregon's schedule is weak, and that we need to beat a USC team that is highly regarded to gain credibility ourselves. Not that we would beat them, just that we need to not only beat them, but have them highly regarded.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Duck24 wrote:I won't be actively rooting for them but I won't be upset if they go into the game with us undefeated. USC losing before playing us doesn't help the overall perception of the Pac-12 as being weak.
I agree with this except I think a loss to Stanford (possibly a ranked Utah too) wouldn't be as a bad because Stanford is still very relevant and a big win early against SC would have the media going into Luck 2.0 meltdown over Nunes. SC wouldn't drop out of the top 10 like we did against LSU last season so the P12 would simply have 3 teams near the top of the rankings.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

It's true that, at least in terms of computer rankings, the conference season essentially cancels out anything gained by beating any conference team. That's because the record of the conference teams against each other will always be .500! (Of course, since now every team skips two teams in the conference, if, say, Utah incredibly runs the table in the South, the Ducks could REALLY benefit from beating them in the CCG.) That's why the conference doing well in their OOC games is SO important, since the overall ranking of the conference as a whole will remain relatively stable once the conference season starts.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Another USC topic... Who cares if they win or not? If we win, we're good and that is all that matters.