USC-Syracuse

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

USC-Syracuse

Post by greenyellow »

Can't say I'm all that impressed with how USC is playing against Syracuse. Only 7-0 SC in the middle of the 2nd quarter.
UofO8
Senior

Re: USC-Syracuse

Post by UofO8 »

If they don't have their pass game, their offense seems to come to a halt.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Don't get me wrong... I'm thankful that USC is highly ranked, which gives some perceived beef to our conference schedule... but USC is, without a doubt, the most overrated team in football right now.

What did they do last season to be ranked so high in the preseason? Lose to ASU and Stanford (at home)? Their ENTIRE ranking is riding on the fact that they eeked out a win over the Ducks in what was clearly a massive letdown performance on the heels of our huge win at Stanford the week before.

The no.2 team is only up 14-0 over Syracuse at halftime.

:lol:
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

I'll be the first to admit that the O-line is playing like crap (did around the same time last year too). D is alright, but they are lucky SU has been hit with the drop bug. Matt Kalil leaving is a bigger blow to the run game than the pass.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

This is the greatest offense EVER! Best in college football, how dare anyone, much less duck fans with question what they do. Or so the media would have us believe all summer long.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The start of the 3rd is delayed to due a storm advisory.
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

pezsez1 wrote:Don't get me wrong... I'm thankful that USC is highly ranked, which gives some perceived beef to our conference schedule... but USC is, without a doubt, the most overrated team in football right now.

What did they do last season to be ranked so high in the preseason? Lose to ASU and Stanford (at home)? Their ENTIRE ranking is riding on the fact that they eeked out a win over the Ducks in what was clearly a massive letdown performance on the heels of our huge win at Stanford the week before.

This is the greatest offense EVER! Best in college football, how dare anyone, much less duck fans with question what they do. Or so the media would have us believe all summer long.
:roll:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Syracuse played well, give them credit. But USC's receivers are deadly. Can't stop them.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Braveheart wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:Don't get me wrong... I'm thankful that USC is highly ranked, which gives some perceived beef to our conference schedule... but USC is, without a doubt, the most overrated team in football right now.

Roll your eyes all you want, but I've heard it multiple times on ESPN that SC had the best O in the country. I can't remember what LA honk it was on foxsports radio, but he even went to far as to say they would win games in the NFL.
Braveheart
Sophomore

Post by Braveheart »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Braveheart wrote:

Roll your eyes all you want, but I've heard it multiple times on ESPN that SC had the best O in the country. I can't remember what LA honk it was on foxsports radio, but he even went to far as to say they would win games in the NFL.
Do you really care what ESPN (the Mtv of sports) has to say? You two were quick to comment about USC being overrated, but had nothing to say after the game or during the second half of the UO-Fresno game (where the ducks had a bit of their own struggles).
Elduderino
Senior

Post by Elduderino »

Braveheart wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
Braveheart wrote:

Do you really care what ESPN (the Mtv of sports) has to say? You two were quick to comment about USC being overrated, but had nothing to say after the game or during the second half of the UO-Fresno game (where the ducks had a bit of their own struggles).
This game didn't tell me anything about USC that we didn't already know. They are potent offensively and can score in bunches; those WRs are nasty; Matt Barkley is very good; their defense is certainly athletic if not overly deep.

When it's all said and done, USC went across the country and beat a decent team by multiple scores (in a game that played in rough weather conditions).
AKA: CAgrown