Idaho State @ Oregon (W 87-35)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Sat, Dec 08 Idaho State - Eugene, Ore. 3:00 p.m.
Pac-12 Network

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Re: Idaho State @ Oregon (Saturday 3pm pst)

Post by Autzenoise »

54-16 at the half
"Canzano is to sports, what Jerry Springer is to news…"
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

ducks win 87-35
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

Just looking at the score you can't tell whether this is football or basketball?
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Ernie is pretty tough on the guys when he critiques their play. I wonder if there still is a bit of jealousy and is being ultra critical.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Idaho State @ Oregon (Saturday 3pm pst)

Post by duckduckgoose »

cordy02c wrote:ducks win 87-35
I looked at ISU's schedule this year. So far they have lost by three to Univ. of Portland and a two point loss to Central Michigan. Pretty impressive to win by 50 plus no matter the competition!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

duckduckgoose wrote:
cordy02c wrote:ducks win 87-35
I looked at ISU's schedule this year. So far they have lost by three to Univ. of Portland and a two point loss to Central Michigan. Pretty impressive to win by 50 plus no matter the competition!
That's what I was thinking. In the past we'd win by 25 with a 2nd half run. Nice to us just assert our will and put the game away from the start.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

MFRDuckFan wrote:Ernie is pretty tough on the guys when he critiques their play. I wonder if there still is a bit of jealousy and is being ultra critical.
Or maybe praising the team and the players, ie 'They made a lot of mistakes and still won by 50'?
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

At one point, Ernie said something like, "I see a lot of plays left on the floor, and they will need to clean that up as the guys move on to better competition," as well as, "Dana probably sees a lot more than that".

Sounds as if he is thinking like a coach.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Ernie knows all about plays being left on the court. He once had a team with Rid and Fred Jones that lost to Portland.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

haha i remember that game.

i didn't think ernie said anything that wasn't spot-on accurate, nor did i think he was overly critical at all.
ImageImageImageImageImage
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

EK still loves Oregon very much. He was talking during his first game back this season about how special it was to be back in Eugene. If he was offered the job again, I would put everything I have on a bet that he would take it in 2 seconds. You can make the argument that he screwed up an opportunity to be Oregon's coach for as long as he wanted to be in Eugene. However, I don't think you can ever question his loyalty and love for the University of Oregon.

I actually wish things would have gone differently for him, because it is hard not to like him. If not for the fallout with several assistants, which were critical to his success as a head coach and several poor personal choices, I think Oregon basketball could have become a sustained Pac-12 power with EK as the head coach. We all know that EK is not the best coach around, but early on he did an excellent job at surrounding himself with talented assistants. The best thing you can do as a high-level manager is surround yourself with people that are smarter and better than you. EK did this and did an excellent job building the program during the early years. Then something happened. Call it ego or whatever else, but he just could not hold it together. The wheels started to fall off because he could not sustain the relationships with his staff. Throw in the poor choices he made and he couldn't really recruit anymore (especially in state) and the thing just blew up in his face. As a result, Oregon had no choice but to pull the plug because the arena was not going to get done with him there. It was just too many poor decisions to try and overcome.

With Altman coming in, the arena deal got done and there was a huge upgrade in game coaching, so that is good. However, Oregon still has a ton of issues right now. Altman is really having a difficult time right now recruiting high-level high school players and retaining them. We better hope Oregon makes the NCAAs this year, because next year looks especially ugly with no high-level recruits coming in (Robinson playing football) and losing Singler, Woods, Emory, and Kazemi. I see Artis, Dotson, and Carter as capable of being Pac-12 starting material. After that, the rest are basically role players, at best. Altman better hope Bell is really good and that he finds a few more Kazemis, Josephs, Ashaolus or next year is going to be a trainwreck.

Hoping for a great year. Already have my Pac-12 tourney tickets, room, and flight!
Last edited by northbeachsf on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Idaho State looked terrible. Great game by the Ducks, that's the first game I've been to this season. Really fun to watch.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

woundedknees wrote:At one point, Ernie said something like, "I see a lot of plays left on the floor, and they will need to clean that up as the guys move on to better competition," as well as, "Dana probably sees a lot more than that".

Sounds as if he is thinking like a coach.
At one point Ernie criticizes Emory for taking a rebound coast to coast drawing a foul. "He should of passed the ball to Artis(who wasn't in the game) who could have got it to a wide open Dotsen(also on the bench). Not one of his better moments as a talking head!