Shooting at mall in Portland

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Just to inform those of us that haven't heard... Multiple dead and wounded (precise numbers as yet unknown) at the Clackamas Town Center, a shopping mall in/around Portland. The guy used a machine gun and was wearing a hockey mask. http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/12 ... -dies?lite

John Canzano was there and posted a few tweets during/after it happened... random

Try not to let this turn into an emotional argument about guns. It would be nice to have a civil discussion about it perhaps, but that's not the way things go on the internet, so do everyone a favor and don't bait anyone.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Shooting at mall in Portland

Post by Phenom »

Yes because it's people from the ghetto who do the mass shootings...
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Phenom wrote:Yes because it's people from the ghetto who do the mass shootings...
Lol because that is what he said? Clackamas isn't the greatest mall ever but it certainly isn't Lloyd Center. Sad story all around.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Duck24 wrote:
Phenom wrote:Yes because it's people from the ghetto who do the mass shootings...
Lol because that is what he said?
It's pretty obviously what he implied.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Tray Dub wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
Lol because that is what he said?
It's pretty obviously what he implied.
I took his implication as him thinking that Lloyd Center is the ghetto mall (which is it) and that Clackamas wasn't as bad (which it isn't)...not that only people from the ghetto commit mass shootings.
duck55
Senior

Post by duck55 »

Biggus Duckus wrote:No point arguing about the legality of guns because it was an illegal gun that was used.

I won't ask why canzano was there, probably prowling for prostitutes.
He had inside sources who told him to be there and now he will find a way to tie this to the Oregon Football program. ;)

On a serious note, this is a totally sad situation. Unfortunately, this could happen most anywhere. :cry:
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Awful to see stuff like this happen, unfortunately malls are one of the most vulnerable areas for a bombing/shooting to happen. Prayers to families/friends of those hurt or dead.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
goducks
Freshman

Post by goducks »

Yes, prayers and thoughts to the families of the two killed and of the teenager injured in the shooting. What a sad situation. :cry:

Quick question... What are 10,000!! people doing in a shopping mall on a Tuesday afternoon? Granted that figure includes mall employees and it is the holiday season, but don't people have anything better to do than go to a shopping mall? Maybe I have lived outside of the US for too long...?

Notice the plane that we flew on?
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

Very sad indeed, we live about 5-10 minutes from the mall and I go there with my kids often, my wife and I were completely shocked about this and we are hoping no one we know we're there. My heart goes out the the families that were killed and injured and just at the mall, this can affect people in so many ways....just sad all around and it's too bad the coward shot himself but on the flip side I'm glad he's gone it might save us tax payers some money and will have limited drama from court proceedings to sensationalize the situation.

I truly don't understand these types of events or what's leads to it....just FUBAR!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Guess I have a bad attitude, but, IMO, the dude should have taken the "easy" way out before going to the mall.

Walking into a room full of unarmed people with the intent to do bodily harm is cowardly, selfish, and cruel.

Thoughts and prayers to the victims and families of those involved.
Last edited by woundedknees on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

woundedknees wrote:Guess I have a bad attitude, buy, IMO, the dude should have taken the "easy" way out before going to the mall.

Walking into a room full of unarmed people with the intent to do bodily harm is cowardly, selfish, and cruel.

Thoughts and prayers to the victims and families of those involved.
Not a bad attitude at all. Dude is a coward, no other way to put it. I'm glad he killed himself rather than be become a burden on taxpayers sitting in prison for the remainder of his life. He was unhappy with his life so his way to deal with it was to ruin families of those he murdered as well as the 15 year old girl he shot.