Fred Jones interview

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

uostudent
Senior

Fred Jones interview

Post by uostudent »

Good stuff here

Always been a big fan of Fred.

Mentioned that it's about time that Oregon is competitive in basketball. Sounds like he religiously follows the basketball and football programs. Stated that when he visits kids, he always wears Oregon gear & tries to convince them to go to Oregon (recruiting violation? :lol: ) Is currently involved in some social media business for former athletes.

Eventually, I'd love to see Jones return to Oregon as an assistant coach. I bet he'd be an awesome recruiter.
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
ducksrock
Senior

Re: Fred Jones interview

Post by ducksrock »

I was fortunate enough to watch him play in HS...If you all think he looked great in College, you should have seen the level of his presence on the court in HS...Freddie WAS the game....I have seen Charlie Sitton play ball in HS and also Thalo Green....Neither had the presence on the court, as Freddie did...And both of those guys were damn talented players....Also watched Kevin Love in HS....He seemed slow though, as he was so much larger than the competition, that I guess he didn't HAVE to work.....High School Basketball is a lot of fun..College basketball is a lot of fun...The Pro game...You can have it....
GOOOOOOO DUCKS
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

ducksrock wrote:I was fortunate enough to watch him play in HS...If you all think he looked great in College, you should have seen the level of his presence on the court in HS...Freddie WAS the game....I have seen Charlie Sitton play ball in HS and also Thalo Green....Neither had the presence on the court, as Freddie did...And both of those guys were damn talented players....Also watched Kevin Love in HS....He seemed slow though, as he was so much larger than the competition, that I guess he didn't HAVE to work.....High School Basketball is a lot of fun..College basketball is a lot of fun...The Pro game...You can have it....
GOOOOOOO DUCKS
This probably sounds dumb, but I played against Kevin Love in 8th grade AAU. He was definitely a lot bigger than everyone else, but he was just so technically sound. Didn't do anything explosive, but everything he did was solid. He rebounded so well and his post moves were slow, methodical, but so effective. Of course, he was a foot taller than everyone else so that helped. I also played against Kyle Singler that same year, that was the guy we thought would be the star, not Kevin Love, obviously things changed.

Anyways back to Freddy, one of my top two favorite players of all time, either him or Brooks. People always talked about the two Lukes, but just look at the fall the team had when he graduated. I think he was the biggest reason the team was so good in 2001. I remember some amazing plays he had on offense and defense. Unfortunately I can't remember the opponent, but I remember during a game, a guy on the opposing team had a fastbreak dunk. Freddy came from behind, jumped, in the air, managed to get in front of the opponent and turn his body and block the shot. It was one of the most amazing plays I've ever seen. That and his reverse dunk in-between like 3 big guys in Indiana has to be the two best plays I've seen from him. He was such a joy for me to watch at Oregon and Indiana. When I was a kid, I actually named my pet rabbit after him, he was definitely my hero growing up. I love to see that he's still all Oregon.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Jones is the man. These guys really love their Ducks, and it's fun to see. We are slowly taking over the world.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13