JUCO SF visiting Oregon (commits to Oregon)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Re: JUCO SF visiting Oregon

Post by oregontrack »

mops is wrong, unless he knows something no one else does (one of the incoming guys not being on scholarship, for whatever reason) or unless he's just assuming someone will transfer. and while it's easy to point to the guy who doesn't play much (kuemper) and ASSUME he's going to transfer out, doesn't mean he will.

artis
richardson
loyd
austin
dotson
moore
carter
kuemper

+

lapray
bell
felicio
cook
abdul-bassit

that's 13. if mops is saying there's still an open spot, he either can't count (which is probable, knowing mops) or he's just privy to something no one else is.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Maybe he's not counting on Felicio.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phenom wrote:Maybe he's not counting on Felicio.
Nope, he says the staff is pretty confident he gets in as long as he passes his sat. Maybe someone RS like the kid from Salem.
uostudent
Senior

Post by uostudent »

duckgrad99 wrote:I've read that Gordon might be a 1 and done player, which doesn't sound like the type of player Altman usually goes after. Plus, I'm not sure how serious he really is about Oregon. And not to be mean,but if we didn't have enough room for him, I wouldn't mind seeing Kuemper go to get Gordon a spot.
Agree, hope this happens. Kuemper doesn't look like a d1 player. He'd be better off at a d2 school. Hoping that Kuemper transfers and not Fred Richardson.

Elgin Cook is a really nice pick up. Should be a decent replacement for Emory, though it appears that he has no outside game. Solid athlete, pretty good ballhandler and is quick for someone his size. Supposedly a really good defender too.

Gordon is a longshot...
“If everybody in this room just want to be real with themselves, this game could have went either way,” he said. “We turned the ball over a lot. We beat ourself. Just be real with yourself right now. We beat ourself.”
-Jameis Winston after Oregon's decisive 59-20 victory over Florida State in the Rose Bowl
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Nope, he says the staff is pretty confident he gets in as long as he passes his sat. Maybe someone RS like the kid from Salem.
redshirting doesn't effect scholarship counts, though.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: JUCO SF visiting Oregon (commits to Oregon)

Post by buckmarkduck »

I remember when everyone wanted the German kid gone. Now he's turned into a great player for eastern wa.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

oregontrack wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
redshirting doesn't effect scholarship counts, though.
It'd have to be a grayshirt for them to take another player.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

grayshirting in hoops isn't the most common thing, though. props to altman if he got a talented kid like lapray to agree to it.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

buckmarkduck wrote:I remember when everyone wanted the German kid gone. Now he's turned into a great player for eastern wa.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/players/100101

Wow, I totally forgot about him and had no idea he was at Eastern Washington. Not bad stats, but the level of competition is weaker than the pac-12.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Nice pick up, really like that he has 3 to play. It never seems like JC guys are here long enough.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Funny, for all the people slamming the crowds at Matt, cook said they where crazy and he loved it.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Funny, for all the people slamming the crowds at Matt, cook said they where crazy and he loved it.
Yeah but he never saw Mac or Autzen. I'm sure it's still funny and crazy to go to, but compared to other venues, it's probably somewhere in the middle.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13